Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
541 - 560 of 647 Posts

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 · (Edited)
Thanks! It was hard earned. Only took like 62 days:hammer:...and 5.5 seasons:shake:lol

Reactions: Banky

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
Spent a full weekend in Advanced Group at Pitt Race. Very humbling....being passed by a 13 year old kid on a 400 doing 1:58's....to my 2:00 lap times......

I did knock a full 4 seconds off my best lap dropping it to 2:00.6, and my average lap dropped to ~2:01, down from ~2:06-2:08

Because it was right before the MotoAmerica race weekend, lots of MotoA folks there.... Wyman, a bunch of super stock 1000 riders, Twins, and a few JR Cup riders including Jamie Astudillo who was riding an R6 and passed me like I was standing still....HA!

I took video for one session, ran an 01 in the vid, so not my best time but close. Processing the data/vid soon.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
881 Posts
Tad,

What org did you do the track day with?

Stan

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
I ride with N2, because I end up buying a 12 day package on black Friday, it comes with an Elite Membership which allows for flexible cancellation, and it works out to about 160$/day for the season.

Ive ridden with everone (except for RogerLyle, but have heard enough bad storys to not be interested) in this area and N2 is the best, with PRE in a close second. N2 has much more variety of tracks in the area, as PRE has basicaly only VIR and NCBike with a few days at CMP mixed in.

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #546 ·
Sounds good!

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
Ugh....Went to drain the coolant on the R1 today and as soon as I touched the drain plug it snapped right off....

Good thing I have a drill press...as soon as the bit grabbed the screw it spun it right out.

Now just need to find a suitable replacement, as it is going to freeze tonight....

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
No the drain plug is way easier....This was pretty much a fluke though. I must have over torqued it last time I put it on.

I need to drill the new cap head screw I picked up for safety wire.

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 ·
So.....this came home the other day.....

3.0L Duramax I6, fantastic fuel mileage, should make a great tow rig for this season.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,308 Posts
what, it just showed up one day? i call bullshit, you drove it. :D

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
Actually.....it showed up at the house....The dealer delivered it from NC direct to the house.

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
@DarkHorse That is a certified BroDoser......Not useful.....

Even this truck is big for a 1500.....It won't fit at my office's parking garage. The old one did ?

On a better note, I am hugely impressed by how much torque this thing has. The traction control actually works, without it will just ROAST the tires :fact

·
Premium Member
12,417 Posts
@DarkHorse That is a certified BroDoser......Not useful.....

Even this truck is big for a 1500.....It won't fit at my office's parking garage. The old one did ?

On a better note, I am hugely impressed by how much torque this thing has. The traction control actually works, without it will just ROAST the tires :fact
I guess I’ll be driving a BroDoser.

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #557 ·
We can't be friends anymore......:cool:...?

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,308 Posts
Actually.....it showed up at the house....The dealer delivered it from NC direct to the house.
of course :D

congratulations! enjoy!

·
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Thanks

Now just have to sell the '04....

541 - 560 of 647 Posts