·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Hahaha

·
Twisty Roads for me!
868 Posts
So.....this came home the other day.....

3.0L Duramax I6, fantastic fuel mileage, should make a great tow rig for this season.

What type of fuel mileage are you getting?

Stan

·
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #563 (Edited)
I got 27-28.5 with nothing in the back with mostly highway miles. Though my best 25 mi segment is 30.1 according to the computer. Driving back and forth to work a few times, it dropped to ~25 which is probably more like the city number.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
868 Posts
Wow, that's outstanding numbers for a truck that size.

·
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #565 (Edited)
Yep, that's with me keeping my foot out if it though. Of course if you horse around with that 460ft -lb of torque....it will be less....hahaha.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,239 Posts
but only slightly less. yah right.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
868 Posts
Tad,

You helped push me over, I just purchased a new 2020 GMC 1500 Denali with the 3.0 Diesel. :)

Yep, that's with me keeping my foot out if it though. Of course if you horse around with that 460ft -lb of torque....it will be less....hahaha.

·
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Cool! Is that the "standard" 6.5' box? And you scored the towing mirrors.

What do you think?

·
Twisty Roads for me!
868 Posts
Yes, it's the standard bed, I didn't want the short bed. The Dealer had to go to SC to pick it up for me, they aren't too many around our area. I love it so far, I just install Extang Exceed bed cover for it last night. The towing mirrors rock.

Cool! Is that the "standard" 6.5' box? And you scored the towing mirrors.

What do you think?

·
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Yea, I miss the 6.5' bed a little, but I that would put me at a longer truck than i wanted, so I gave it up. I was also hunting for the towing mirrors, but wasn't able to find the towing mirrors plus the tech package with the 12 cameras, because there are two cameras in each of the mirrors. Plus I had my heart set on blue.......when you put all those things together they didn't make one.....ha!

I am going to put a tonneau cover on mine but haven't picked it yet. How do you you like yours?

·
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
I was thinking of going with this one....

(example vendor only, haven't gone price shopping yet.)

·
Twisty Roads for me!
868 Posts
Tad,

I went with this one; 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Extang Xceed Tonneau Cover | RealTruck

For security purposes since I have to venture to DC for work sometimes.

So far so good, but I just installed it yesterday.

Stan

I was thinking of going with this one....

(example vendor only, haven't gone price shopping yet.)

·
10,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
Ahh...ok. I am not worried about security as much...because I figure that if they want in they will get in. I had a truxedo on my last truck and it held up great over the 10 years I had it. I will probably go with another one. I like the roll up style a bit better because they tuck out of the way very easily when you want to haul something bigger.

561 - 573 of 573 Posts