·
kickin' at the darkness
10,308 Posts
Metzeler is good tires.. they last forever i found.. great feel / grip

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
So far I am a fan. We will see how they do at ncbike, since that place always seems to destroy tires.

Reactions: stan1 and bacchus40

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Got my suit in today! Wow does it fit nice! It feels every bit as good as an A☆ suit I tried on except this one actually fits me. Came with a nice suit bag protector thing and a heavy duty hanger. Very nice product. Not sure why I waited so long to do this.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
Mithos semi custom a* tech-air compatible fit for me. It is cow hide leather. Tomorrow will be my first chance to ride with it.

What else do you want to know?

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
I really don't know why I waited so long.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
Got the bike and gear out tonight. Looks like the bike just needs a new wind screen, two frame slider bolts, and some fiberglass work. I was totally surprised that everything else was totally fine, even the clip on bar was still straight.

I got out some elbow grease and cleaned up the helmet suit, gloves, and boots cleaned up nicely and showed zero damage or scuffs on everything but the suit. The suit was the only thing that took any damage, but it was totally superficial... Overall I am really happy with how it held up in the crash, and it did a good job of keeping me safe. I had been hoping that I would not need to test it for a while longer, but it is what it is. Still need to find an XL air vest though....they are all still on back order everywhere.

Sports jersey Jersey Sports uniform Trunks Sleeve

Basically just some scratches and it hurt the thin logo leather. The helmet has the tiniest of scratches on it, and as far as I can tell it plenty fine to rock the rest of the season. I may just retire it to street only duty next season anyway as it is a 2016 model year anyway.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
Got the bike washed off today. Shockingly no scratches on the expensive things. Sadly my fiberglass resin container seems to have fully hardened itself inside the container, so I have to go out an get a new can of that.

·
Venom X/O
25,664 Posts
Glad it’s minimal. How you get your throttle tube to float like that, you rockin some new age wireless clip-ons or something?

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·

Transparent aluminum bro!

Ha! I pulled the bar to inspect it.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·
Got bolts from McMaster-Carr today, they have super fast shipping got my order in less than 24 hrs. So I tossed them into the slider and got that back on.

If any one needs a set of right side shogun no-cut slider bolts, boy have I got a deal for you, I have 9 sets of bolts left.....

I also got the right clip-on cleaned up and back together.

Some how I couldn't find my fiberglass and, my resin was totally solid as a brick, so i need to stop at Walmart and get some more of those supplies.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
Got a couple layers of fiber glass laid up. Now the hard part of being patient and letting the resin cure.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
Well I give up after 3 rounds of wet sanding and recoating the clear..... it is full of orange peel but from 20' it looks OK ish.

I think I ran into the krylon rustoilum jihad.... and the two paints didn't get along. This is what I get for cheaping out and going with rattle can paint.

I also got some chrome decal vinyl and cut out my numbers and r1 emblems. Last time I painted them on, but it was a royal pain in the rear. We will see how these home made decals do.

Tomorrow night when the paint is fully dry I will put them on and put the bike fully back together.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Venom X/O
25,664 Posts
Well I give up after 3 rounds of wet sanding and recoating the clear..... it is full of orange peel but from 20' it looks OK ish.

I think I ran into the krylon rustoilum jihad.... and the two paints didn't get along. This is what I get for cheaping out and going with rattle can paint.

I also got some chrome decal vinyl and cut out my numbers and r1 emblems. Last time I painted them on, but it was a royal pain in the rear. We will see how these home made decals do.

Tomorrow night when the paint is fully dry I will put them on and put the bike fully back together.
If you’ve got two different types of paint it’s probably going to need to cure completely before coating again

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 · (Edited)
Not 100% happy with how the paint came out... but it's done.... minus the windshield that I need to put in. Much respect for people who do bodywork for a living. I don't have the patience..... ha!

It looks a bit better than before, but only because it hasn't seen paint for like 7 years ish. So overall it is an improvement ... because there were so many rock chips and what not in the paint.

Almost forgot....

On a whim, I emailed motionpro. I asked if I could buy a new cable boot for my throttle, and sent them a picture of mine falling apart. They said what is your address we will send you one. Few days later this showed up.

Super awesome of them to just send me one.

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Font Pattern Symmetry Electric blue Design

·
10,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
Got the screen mounted tonight. Seems like she is all done. Although, I think I should toss the new rear on the bike, this one has 6 full days on it, and I was spinning on every corner exit last day onit at Summit. Probably do that Friday.

Reactions: stan1

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,684 Posts
Got the screen mounted tonight. Seems like she is all done. Although, I think I should toss the new rear on the bike, this one has 6 full days on it, and I was spinning on every corner exit last day onit at Summit. Probably do that Friday.
What's that you've got hiding under the tarp bud? Cb750? Virago?

641 - 660 of 671 Posts