Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Kids!!

I am looking at a Tour Master Cortech Sport Tailbag to use in addition with my backpack on those long rides. I have a magnetic tank bag right now but am apprehensive to use it as I don't want to scratch the shite out of my tank. The tailbag has built in bungees etc. I want to know if anyone out there has any experience with hooking bungee cords up to the rear seat loops. When you taket the material strap loops out from under the rear seat, they sit right on the nice plastic bodywork. I am a bit worried about scratching the shite out of the tailsection too!

Any tips or pointers??

Lobo86:fork :fork :fork

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,669 Posts
I scratched my Yzf600r tail with one . I have a nice tank bag that is quite large when expanded and a bookbag if needed. Anything else I'm affraid to scratch her but my silver r1 shows ALOT less that my Yammie blue 600 . Darker shows more scratches.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
I have been using the same tank bag for a year now every time I ride. Trips and back and forth to work. The only scratches I have is from my leathers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Tank Bag is almost 10 years old and the "felty" soft leather on the bottom covering the magnets is wearing a bit thin. This caused some light scratching on my TL that I just sold to buy my R1. I got in the habit of putting a piece of cotton between the tank bag and the tank on most rides to correct this, but want to be extra careful with my "new" bike. I saw the tail bag and thought..."great, i can use that instead" but after looking at how everything hooks up, i am fearful of scratching up the back of the bike...

I should probably just cut up an old t-shirt and use it as a buffer between whatever bag i use and be done with it!

LOL

Lobo86

1 - 4 of 4 Posts