Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi R1 peeps,
I have a 2008 R1 with an integrated LED tail light that works fine for a long time, but suddenly a week ago all indicator lights (FRONT and INTEGRATED) stop working and also the tail light doesn't work. The break light is the only one that still working in the tail light unit.
The indicator lights, brake light, and tail light are all integrated in the tail light.
All other lights on the bike are working perfectly.

I checked and measure the fuse box behind the left side fairing and all fuse were ok.
Is there any other fuse box with fuse for the turning lights and the tail light?
Do somebody know what else it cold be?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If everything was working fine and all the sudden its not I'd recheck the fuse panel on the left side behind the fairing, I know you said you already checked but there are 2 seperate fuses, 1 is a turn signal fuse in the #1 location and the other is the signaling system fuse in the #4 position (check manual 6-33 for diagram)

integrated tail lights and flush turn signals are aftermarket and usually wired shitty some times. check your turn signal lights L/R fairing and chase the wires, usually i find people dont do a very good job securing the slack wire and it rubs against the forks when turning or its hanging down and gets caught up in that tight area and ends up torn or sliced causing the short.... same with the tail light, that area is full off heat from the exhaust and used to toss in your disc lock under the pass seat and tool kit so it usually beats up those wires as well if not secured properly.

if all of that is okay id check the lights themselves aligator clips and power to check functions and make sure there not burned out, would be odd for them all to go out at the same time but you can never put it past an R1.

not an expert but this is where id start.... did you manually pull out the fuses to check it? or just check both points with a test light?

hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Toggles,
I checked the fuses again by pulling all six fuses out meassure true them, it’s not the fuses. I ordered a L.E.D. flasher relay today.
i’ll check the wiring today to see if I can find anything strange.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My bike did the same thing recently was just the right side flush blinker and integrated tail blinker being out... I looked through everything and man there was nothing wrong anywhere.. I blew out the fuse box with a little conpressed air and that did the trick.. Or maybe It was the old take it apart and put it back together that worked.. Maybe try that as well? Hope you get it figured out..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Good evening R1 forum,
I measured today the connector to see if there is power coming to the connection point where the flasher is connected. Between the plus of the battery pole to the first pin there was 12.2V. (Switch off). So it seems like power is coming in to the flasher.
I connected the flasher with a light directly to the battery the light was flashing without any problem. So it seems like the flasher is also working.
What I realize today is that the green arrows in the dash are not reacting when I press the hazard or the signal switch.
I think maybe I need to start looking in that direction.
Any suggestion what it can be?
I also measured all six fuses in the fuse box behind the left panel and also change the fuse 7,5 A that says signals to make sure its not a fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
R1-Crusader
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing