Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I wheelie my R1
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

Not sure if this the right place for this, but it is a riding question so I suppose its relavent...

How many miles do you get, once the light comes on, before you run out of gas?

I know the range on the R1 is pretty crappy - Im filling up pretty much every two days, and thats just commuting to work and back - and I never know if I've got enough juice to get me home....Obviously, once the light comes on then I back off a little and try to preserve whats left, but I dont know how close I can go before I end up pushing it to the next petrol station!!!

Would appreciate advice from anyone who knows.....

Thanks!!

Dan.

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
I have gone 20 miles without any issues, but I try not to push it, so I usually stop at the first opportunity after the light comes on.

·
One good turn deserves another
117 Posts
15 miles if the most I have done. I've heard from friends (who have ran out of gas) that it's about 25+ or so.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
I had 1 of those days a wing & prayer type: and got 38miles:bow :bow

·
Young at heart
2,807 Posts
We just returned from a trip across Australia to the GP. It depends greatly on the speed you are doing and things like head winds etc. I ran out one time at 280 km. My fuel light came on at anything from 180km to 220km. If you are taking it easy you can get around 300km out of a tank. When you fill up take note of how much you put in. The tank holds 18 litres so if you only put in say 12 liters you know you have heaps left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts