Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MY Bike Blows Me
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:finger :finger :finger DO YOU THING THIS LOOKS OK ITS LEAGAL IN KANSAS
 

Attachments

·
MY Bike Blows Me
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HERE IS ANOTHER
 

Attachments

·
MY Bike Blows Me
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AND ANOTHER
 

Attachments

·
on the 7th day, he made the R1
Joined
·
500 Posts
onewheelup said:
:finger :finger :finger DO YOU THING THIS LOOKS OK ITS LEAGAL IN KANSAS
In Jersey this has gotten me some hassles
 

Attachments

·
running with scissors...
Joined
·
914 Posts
leaving mine pretty much alone. Went through a bunch of crap with a cop a few years ago cause he didn't like the plate on a 98 R1 I was test riding before a purchase...Turned out there was no insurance on the bike. He ended up writing me 5 tickets. Mandatory court appearance with a possible 1 year jail when all was said and done. All because of a stuffed plate...

They gave me a public defender who I still think wasn't on my side. The guy wanted to plead the case down...I was like WTF, a year in jail for tickets? Ended up I talked to the prosecutor with out my dork lawyer and got it down to a total of $100 and no points.....

Cops are getting more and more agro with bikes now days it seems...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,454 Posts
Why dont you bend the plate out a bit so its more visible. Ive had that kind of set up on many other bikes and havent got bothered. You just have to bend it out more so its more visible.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
mauibusa said:
leaving mine pretty much alone. Went through a bunch of crap with a cop a few years ago cause he didn't like the plate on a 98 R1 I was test riding before a purchase...Turned out there was no insurance on the bike. He ended up writing me 5 tickets. Mandatory court appearance with a possible 1 year jail when all was said and done. All because of a stuffed plate...

They gave me a public defender who I still think wasn't on my side. The guy wanted to plead the case down...I was like WTF, a year in jail for tickets? Ended up I talked to the prosecutor with out my dork lawyer and got it down to a total of $100 and no points.....

Cops are getting more and more agro with bikes now days it seems...
That's because Hawaii cops have nothing else better to do.:lol This happend to me on Oahu many times. The cops grabbed my plate and bent it back, I in return bent it (angled) again. Hehe.............But no more. Legal it is. Especially when I have an image to uphold.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Mounted where it is I don't think he can bend it down much without causing a tire clearance issue.

Is it so awful to have a fender on your bike? Granted, the stock one is huge, but you can always chop it or get an eliminator. Without it, that pretty LED tail light is liable to get broken by a rock.
 

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Any issues with the rear tire hitting it?

Looks like it.. lol.

Doesnt look like there is much clearance between the tire.. and the plate..
 

·
running with scissors...
Joined
·
914 Posts
r1-superstar said:
That's because Hawaii cops have nothing else better to do.:lol This happend to me on Oahu many times. The cops grabbed my plate and bent it back, I in return bent it (angled) again. Hehe.............But no more. Legal it is. Especially when I have an image to uphold.:D
the guy actually busted out his Polaroid camera to take pictures as evidence. He stood about two feet behind the bike, point the camera straight down at the tail section and snapped a picture. He says "you'll never beat this" and gives a little laugh.

I'm thinking F you buddy, I pull out a digital and walk back ten feet and take the same picture. The guy goes ballistic "what are you doing!?!" he says.

I'm collecting my own evidence.

The guy was totally trying to my me look worse that I was.

He got all indignant, walks across the street and takes a picture at 90 degrees from the bike....you show me any legal plate that you can see from 90 degress:rant

Being that this is a pretty small island I see the same guy all the time. I can honestly say I hate that guy. I have lots of cop friends and they all hate him too. I asked his lieutenant if they had a boxing ring down at the station and if I go a few rounds with the guy even though I don't box....he's like yea right, half the department would be in line in front of you for that guy...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
mauibusa said:
the guy actually busted out his Polaroid camera to take pictures as evidence. He stood about two feet behind the bike, point the camera straight down at the tail section and snapped a picture. He says "you'll never beat this" and gives a little laugh.

I'm thinking F you buddy, I pull out a digital and walk back ten feet and take the same picture. The guy goes ballistic "what are you doing!?!" he says.

I'm collecting my own evidence.

The guy was totally trying to my me look worse that I was.

He got all indignant, walks across the street and takes a picture at 90 degrees from the bike....you show me any legal plate that you can see from 90 degress:rant

Being that this is a pretty small island I see the same guy all the time. I can honestly say I hate that guy. I have lots of cop friends and they all hate him too. I asked his lieutenant if they had a boxing ring down at the station and if I go a few rounds with the guy even though I don't box....he's like yea right, half the department would be in line in front of you for that guy...
:lol
 

·
MY Bike Blows Me
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol you guys are great there is plenty of clearence from the tire and and i had it looked at by the state troopers in my area they said the law reads it has to be visibel and that its was very visible as they shook my hand and told me thanks for checking with them i herd the other trooper say there is no way in hell we could catch him if he decided to run from us as they stood there with chubs looking at the 04 R1
 

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
Joined
·
25,747 Posts
Sorry, I call :bs on that one. There is no way that plate is visible. When they say visible they must be able to read the plate. That plate is facing upward, just look at the PICS.
 

·
MY Bike Blows Me
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I THINK YOU ARE A COP OR A WANA BE COP MR IMAGINEPARADISE AND THEY NEVER COUGHT ME YET
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,454 Posts
onewheelup said:
I THINK YOU ARE A COP OR A WANA BE COP MR IMAGINEPARADISE AND THEY NEVER COUGHT ME YET
LOL wow calm down there Mr. ass-umtion. I never want to be a pig. your comment there sugests that you've outrun them or something. Once again, I dont give a shit. I was just making a factuall comment. SO CHILL OUT
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top