Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that this is a sensitive subject due to persons trolling to learn to steal bikes, so please know that I am more than happy to prove the legitimate ownership of my bike to anyone who is willing to help....

07 yzfr1

Igniton wires were cut and a few were wired to each other. After i respliced the wires and turned the key, the bike no longer recognizes neuetral but still goes through all startup motions but will not start in any fashion. I have everything torn apart to find my neutal switch which is the skyblue wire underneath the tank and I THINK i have found it. Looking for real time tech support via skype to see if i have the proper wire before i splice it and ground it to the frame for a temp fix until i can have the dealership replace the switch entirely. Feel free to pm me here or on skype.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
My guess is you have damaged the starting circuit cut-off relay (or the thieves did). You have like 16 wires going into the connector that has that bad boy and they are all related to starting. Crossing wires to start the bike may have damaged it.

There is only one Sky Blue/White wire in the harness, so if you found one, that is it. :D It goes from the cluster to the neutral switch.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I chanced it before both of the above replies. You are correct that there is only 1 sky blue wire, I had to actually check a full wire harness diagram someone had for a project car from an 07 r1 in order to use process of elimination to make sure I had the correct wire, splicing it and grounding it to the frame near the battery has fixed my problem and now the bike starts. I will just have to stare at my neutral light on in every gear until i get to the shop in the morning :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.