Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Termignoni on my 08 Fiat R1 + BLACK marchesinis !!!!!

Guys I just photoshopped my bike with Termignoni slip ons. I am debating on wether or not to get these, and I think this photoshop made up my mind, they look sick on my bike! Looks was my first concern and they definitely pass in that department. My next issue is sound. I want something that makes a noticable difference with a real nice deep/loud tone, but not too loud and over done. Anyone have any experience. Termi also offers a catless midpipe so I would go with that as well as the slip on system.

Any imput is appreciated. Oh, I also photoshopped my rearsets to black. I may go with with the Satos in black, not sure yet.

Edit:

Heres one with black marchis!!!

·
My Mac eats your PC
156 Posts
I'm running Termi Carbon slips on my blue 05 and besides the fact that they shipped with the wrong mounting hardware and were a pain in the arse to mount I love the end result. I don't think you will be disappointed with the resulting engine note! It's glorious!

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard they were a pain in the ass to install.. No worries, I have Luis aka speedsnice who seems to be able to get ANYTHING done no matter the circumstances lol.

So, you guy think they would look better in carbon or titanium on my bike?

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Racekid can you compare the sound to any other exhaust you have ever heard? That would be very helpful.

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That aint so bad, we can work with that right Luis? Only question now is Carbon or Ti. And if any of you Termi dudes could compare the sound to other pipes that would be helpful!!!!!!

·
My Mac eats your PC
156 Posts
PITA to install, no. PITA to get aligned properly to look sweet....heck yeah!!
Yep, install sucks. If you do go with Termi get the Y-pipe too. I purchased the slipons without the Y-pipe and tried to install on the stock mid...big mistake. I called the distributor and said WTF? They persuaded me to purchase the Y. Things went smoother from there with some elbow grease, WD-40 and my buddy's extra set of hands.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
I think the carbon looks hot with that paint. The silver would look out of place. Definitely go with the carbon.

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That clip sounds good but nothing like what I have been hearing on youtube. The videos never sound accurate.

And also I heard that the quality of these pipes are very poor, quality of the welds that is... Any truth to this?

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Looks good!

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
What about the Akra slash cut carbon shorties? I think it would look awesome.

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Skeeter I wasnt looking to spend that much... If I was I would go with the Sato full system with GP cans

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.