Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Go with the Termi system, dick.

Votes: 26 60.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant make up my mind. I know the Satos will be louder and sound meaner, I do want a loud exhaust but it will come with some negative side effects, like the cops hearing me coming from a block away. I love love love the look of the moto-gp canister from Sato. Its short and wide open, looks like it belongs on a track.

Then you got the Termis that just look so at home on my bike. Ive never heard them but I am sure they sound okay, and not so loud.

If I get the Sato, its going to be a full system because its not available in a slip-on application for the 07-08. If I get the Termis it will be slip-ons with the catless Y-pipe. I am not obsessed with squeezing every last horsepower out of my bike so I am not concerned with not having the header.

There is a hefty difference in price between the two also. I cant find any good pictures of the Sato system, but it looks kind of like this Arata system. And I am also attaching a picture of the Termis photoshopped onto my R1 along with the sexy Marchi's I will be getting next month!

So vote and help a brother out!!!! Thanks!

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,260 Posts
i kinda like the termi more also

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
if you want more power, get the Sato
if you want what looks better, get the Termi
I agree, the satos do look nice too, but this is best said....If your going full system, get the Sato, slip ons and Y pipe, the termi is the way to go, that termi midpipe looks so good with the slipons and carbon little heat shield, but if that goes on the full system too, that would be nice....

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone have a good soundclip of the Termis? I hear they are a bitch when it comes to installing, takes a lot of time to get them lined up right and everything fitting nicley

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
Termi look better IMO, plus you will have some left over money for other mods.

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Insurance questions

1. Can I have my bike financed and registered under my name, but have the insurance under my girlfriend's name? If no, any ways around it?

2. If I cancel my insurance, do I really have to turn in my license plates to the DMV. Any way to get out of it?

My insurance rates are out of control! My girlfriend is 1 year younger then I am but she has an excellent driving record, 0 points and 0 accidents since she has been driving. Thats mainly because she never drives, its always me for the past 4 years thats been driving so I want to put my bike in her name so I can actually pay a normal rate. And if I cancel now I wont add the new insurance until the spring since I roll the bike into my bedroom (I live on the bottom floor) and sleep 5 feet from it!!!!

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In my humble opinion the Sato is a better quality system than the Termi :fact

Have you looked at the K-Factory systems? You know you can swap the standard cans for the MotoGP canisters when ordering from K-Factory :sneaky
Hey rorlow, thanks but the Satos are already expensive enough for me! :dollar The K-factory is awesome and you can even get them in scortched Ti, but I heard its something like 2,500$ for the system, way overpriced if you ask me.

When are you gonna let me come by and check them out/hear them in person? I am in NY not far from you at all! Let me know, I PMed you about this a few weeks ago too

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.