Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take a moment to thank the Staff of Fontana Village Resort for everything they did for us for the 2009 R1/R6 East Coast Convention. Eric (kynetguy) and I contacted Fontana on a very regular basis, and I threw them loops with number, menu, accommodation and other changes far too often for me to recall. And they ALWAYS responded in a positive way doing their best to take care of us.

We had our meals delivered on time, and hot. Never running out of food or having to cook and clean up. Which is GREAT after a hard day of riding and photo ops. And the staff fully took care of cleaning up the food area after meals, checking with us to see if we wanted the leftover food.

We partied on Shuckstack and left TONS of trash, which they got rid of for us each day.

Our Saturday dinner (provided by Yamaha Motor Corporation) was FANTASTIC, and we had a superbly prepared room to eat it in. The Food and Hospitality staff, and management was on hand to ensure everything went as well as it could, and Shane and I were approached repeatedly by Adam, Joey, and others to ensure everything was great.

We had folks on the campground that were well accommodated and we have negotiated a discount for campground use next year.

And we had a great time in all areas we used of the Resort, including the great time we had on the Houseboat even in the rain.

I will be completing a questionnaire on behalf of the R1/R6 Forum staff that addresses their hospitality of the Forum, but I would like to post a thread and deliver everyone's comments. So, please, take a moment and comment on and thank Fontana Village staff for how we were treated.

I will copy this thread on 1 July and put it on paper for delivery to Fontana. So please take a moment to thank them and make comment on your positive experience. Of the few Conventions that I have been able to attend, this one was the best. And that was 100% due to the diligence and flexibility of Fontana Village.

·
Administrator
31,051 Posts
Each and every year we are with Fontana Village the entire staff is great. Lacey, Adam, Craig and Mac at the front desk I appreciate all of your spectacular support!

... also Craig I wanted to give you a special thanks for your kind words and for attending Chad's memorial presentation at the CROT...

·
black = the color of my r1
2,655 Posts
fontana?? like the auto club speedway fontana??

that is my home town (i lived less then 1 mile from the track)

if i woulda known... oh well though

·
4um ModR8r
10,427 Posts
fontana?? like the auto club speedway fontana??
Fontana Village in North Carolina. Not SoCal. http://www.fontanavillage.com/ Check it out next year and come join us. :)

Hear here DanQ.
My third year at "The Convention" and every thing I needed was there. The grounds are always manicured, staff always friendly, and the food,, mmmmmmmmm. :)
One gripe I do have,,,,, those dern chigger bugs!!!! I'm still scratchin' my legs! :rant

Just waitin' to get back up there next year. Fontana Village, :thumbup:thumbup

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
i was very very impressed with fontana. not a single gripe. all the staff i encountered were quite helpful and friendly to boot. the accommodations were beyond reproach.

the kicker for me was realizing just how much ruckus we kicked up at shuckstack and had basically no issues as a result. that was impressive even for a die-hard partier like me.

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
Thank you Fontana!

·
A Little BRIT Different
1,027 Posts
Its always good
A special thanks needs to also go to Ben at the Crot who does his best to keep the gap a safer place off his own back
To his wife also who hangs out to take pics and generally all the staff involved in the recreation business in the area.
Thanks Peeps

·
Super Moderator
27,468 Posts
Major props to Fontana Resort!! You guys did a kick ass job. Top notch service all the way around.

·
Heckle
826 Posts
The people at the desk did a great job getting my groups rooms together, and now we will have our home for the years to come. Thanks for all Fontana does for us. Just one request, next year the ice cream place should be open all week :)

·
Track Addict
1,400 Posts
The people at the desk did a great job getting my groups rooms together, and now we will have our home for the years to come. Thanks for all Fontana does for us. Just one request, next year the ice cream place should be open all week :)
+1, I am sure Rich will appreciate this:crash:hammer:

·
black = the color of my r1
2,655 Posts
will if it is as nice as this thread claims... i just may do so...

·
I wreck my R1
6,172 Posts
Thanks Fontana. Had a blast.:thumbup

One small suggestion though. Escalator to Shuckstack.:lol:drunk:

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
Big thanks to Fontana Village. I'm sure it's a huge pain in their arse to have big groups show up and "bend" the rules here and there, but they always seem to be good sports about it and accommodate whatever we need.

·
Last Minute Racing
970 Posts
It was my 4th year & 5th trip to stay at the fontana village (was there twice the one year) and its a great place to visit.The staff is always friendly and makes you want to come back.

I want to give a big thanks to (cant remember his name) the big guy at the front desk, he really went out of his way to change my cabin for me to the one i originally wanted.It was empty at the time and he juggled things around so i could get into it. That was super nice of him and thats the kind of stuff they do to help us out and make our stay that much more enjoyable. Ill DEFINATLY be back!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
21,659 Posts
Fontana did a great job this year for sure. This was my sixth year going. Every year has been good except for the little snafu last year with the cabin, but they gave us a free night.

·
11,738 Posts
It was my 5th year there and it was great. Only changes I would make are install a cell phone tower and put in a village wide WiFi network so I don't have to go all the way to the lodge to kick people off the network and hog all the bandwidth. :crash

FYI, some of you people with iPhones should realize I can find your "personal" photos on an open shared network. Change your default SSH passwords from alpine after you JB them.:sing:

·
GET OUT!
4,890 Posts
It was my 5th year there and it was great. Only changes I would make are install a cell phone tower and put in a village wide WiFi network so I don't have to go all the way to the lodge to kick people off the network and hog all the bandwidth. :crash

FYI, some of you people with iPhones should realize I can find your "personal" photos on an open shared network. Change your default SSH passwords from alpine after you JB them.:sing:
Find any interesting pictures?:crash

·
11,738 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
22 Participants
Irishstu
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing