Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opposed to all posing posers
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say a heart-felt "thanks" for all of the feedback on my post...heck, you guys provided more valuable input than the guys on the Aprilia forum :lol :confused: :confused:

I read every single post, and many great points were brought up that I really hadn't considered. And to the Duc rider, I actually had considered the 999s and the 999r (at the time I had a regular 999). I came this close *Holds thumb and forefinger about 1/100" apart* from getting the 999R, but when I looked at the overall package with the Aprilia, I figured that was the best bang-for-the-buck...(not to mention having suicidal tendencies if I taco'd the 999R).

So, I've decided to keep the Aprilia, and I will be getting the Yamaha as a second bike (I have a very understanding wife ;) )The only thing is I gotta save up and pay cash for it :cryin. Man...I suck at saving money.

Anyways, thanks again guys - I really appreciate it! :thumbup

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
dont mention it.:thumbup

doh you already did!:lol :lol :D

·
My R1 eats everything
374 Posts
FactoryPilot said:

Yamaha as a second bike (I have a very understanding wife ;) )
And a huge fvucking wad of cash!!!!:eek:

I entertained the idea of owning a 998R for a split second, and then I realized that my checking account was (and will be as long as I am working in the GA industry) well below the required funds. :)

·
My RR tempts me
654 Posts
Now if you had asked us whether you should get the r1 as a second bike, that would have been very easy to answer. You lucky bastid:bow

·
Opposed to all posing posers
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL - I didn't because in the past I had up to 4 bikes at one time and my wife finally put her foot down (I have to admit, I was way out of control). I discovered motorcycles about a year ago, went through MSF and all of that. My "toys" used to be sports cars, and when I found out I could get a motorcycle that was 5 times as fun as a sports car, I went nuts! I was used to making payments of 550-650 a month for one vehicle!

So, I said to myself "I could have three bikes and pay the same amount"...and the rest is history. Thank God my wife put her foot down, 'cuz I needed it :eek:

So the story is that she said "Alright...I want you to pick ONE bike that you like, and that is the one you will have for at least a year..." I purchased the Aprilia and sold everything else (I also learned that motorcycles don't hold their value very well, especially when you turn them within a few months like I was doing).

I rode the Aprilia for a little while (I've had it less than 5 months) and I said "Hey....have you seen the new Yamaha R1...?" Her response was :boom

So there you have it - I was considering my one bike to be the Yamaha, but no more financing stuff (I'm on operation Get Out Of Debt), so I'll do it cash - it'll be 4 or 5 months from now, but I'll have the Aprilia and the Yamaha. That'll be sweet :cool:

Later,

- Steve

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
Must be nice to be able to drop off the money for a bike in 4 months it woudl take me a year with no bills almost damn i just need to get out of school and start making better money

1 - 7 of 7 Posts