Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Letzroll
1,122 Posts
80 F here today. No that's not normal for this time of the year but I'll take it.:hammer:

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
That alot of you can ride in decent weather for the whole year :( spare a thought for those of us in sub zero temps.
Shhhhhh!!!! You've just invited a whole bunch of guys telling us how good they've got it! LOL

I f-f-f-feel your p-p-p-p-p-pain though m-m-m-m-man. I saw -1.5c on the car dash this moring. And it's only gonna get worse. :)

·
Habs for life
1,273 Posts
yes, but UK has nothing over our Canadain winter...you can at least ride in cold...not snow mind you. Someone ALWAYS has it worst...

But it makes you appreciate and enjoy when the spring comes :)

·
I eat my R1
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree and i apologise to all that have it worse. BUT at least in canada its extreme and snowy enough to be able to ski, here its just cold enough to take the pleasure out of it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
SD was the mecca for all year riding... Good roads, within 30 minutes, all year. Damn I surfed all year long too, christmas day included!

North Carolina isn't doing me too bad either : ) 78 today just wish the mountains were a little closer and not so cold in the winter.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
yes, but UK has nothing over our Canadain winter...you can at least ride in cold...not snow mind you. Someone ALWAYS has it worst...

But it makes you appreciate and enjoy when the spring comes :)
I guess the temps on Young street or many other long streets (where the tunnel effect just drops the temp down) can be low.
But in the Niagara Peninsula area, the temps arent that bad, and it does not snow all that much.
Sure, it is still winter, but nothing compared to some European ones (including the UK).
Sure, if you compare the northern Can. weather, that would be true, but the comparison is not fair then. It is like comparing another region to Alaska (places like the NWT, where the temp never gets above 0C or 32F, and where there are no R1s to begin with).

I now live in TX, and love it here. Cold today (been raining for a day already), but that is temporary.

·
w00t w00t
129 Posts
Right.... is -6C here today and snowing. 4 inches over night and still coming down. Guess that is what one expects in CO this time of year. Its snowboarding season here anyway so the bike is put away for now.
rideco

·
Trackday Junkie
36 Posts
Yup San Diego is the best weather ever!! That is the whole reason I started in biking. Because I could ride all year round. New Orleans isn't too bad 80 here today and only gets to the 40's in the winter normally at night. But that's rideable. Not pleasant but ridable.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
SD was the mecca for all year riding... Good roads, within 30 minutes, all year. Damn I surfed all year long too, christmas day included!

North Carolina isn't doing me too bad either : ) 78 today just wish the mountains were a little closer and not so cold in the winter.
I cant believe this weather!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Right.... is -6C here today and snowing. 4 inches over night and still coming down. Guess that is what one expects in CO this time of year. Its snowboarding season here anyway so the bike is put away for now.
same here in MN we trade riding one thing for another.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That alot of you can ride in decent weather for the whole year :( spare a thought for those of us in sub zero temps.
I remember those days riding in the North East of England twelve mile ride to Durham Tech college on my AJS bike... got off frozen, i guess i just got used to it. Thats one reason i live in Cali. sunny days. :)

·
Von Deutschland
1,208 Posts
It's been oddly warm here the last 2 days in Hampton Roads, but then of course we have a hi fo 76 tomorrow, followed by a high of 57, then 52, then 42. So, rather than constant cold we have scizophrenic weather.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.