Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
A guardrail ate my right leg..
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through 10 pages of threads and didn't see anything all too relative so I wanted to create a thread that would be of some importance to those of us that have to or prefer to haul our bikes to a good riding spot or a trackday. We have plenty of members here that could chime in with pictures and information on what they use or what they've seen others use such as actual transportation methods and/or the equipment that is used at these events such as tire changers/balancers, storage, tool box assortments, restraints, etc... I'm looking to sell my car hauler and buy a more useful and smaller enclosed trailer to start doing trackdays next year and want to get an early start on it this year if possible. What say you? :epimp

Btw, I didn't know where to place this thread so mods feel free to move to the appropriate section if you must.

·
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so does anyone have the hookup on a friend or acquaintance that might build enclosed trailers? There are tons of dealers around me, but I know they're getting them wholesale from a manufacturer and having their own brand put on them while driving about a 40% markup. I'm trying to avoid that.

·
O Rly? O.O
822 Posts
Me and a buddy have talked about using a small horse trailer to load up bikes/tools. Which if you think about it, would probably be cheaper than buying a new/used enclosed trailer. You could find a used horse trailer on craigslist for cheap and with a little fab work could have a nice little track trailer. :dunno

From what I have seen a two horse trailer can fit 2 bikes comfortably. Just a thought. Good luck with your search though buddy! :yesnod

·
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've actually thought of that quite a bit. Pretty much everything depends on how much I can get out of my car hauler.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
4,347 Posts
It all depends on what you want to accomplish. Around here, I can get my hands on darn near new 8x12 enclosed trailers for about $2500. That should do everything you want it to do and some.

·
Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
Ok so does anyone have the hookup on a friend or acquaintance that might build enclosed trailers? There are tons of dealers around me, but I know they're getting them wholesale from a manufacturer and having their own brand put on them while driving about a 40% markup. I'm trying to avoid that.
If you find someone who can do this... I'm in as well.

·
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It all depends on what you want to accomplish. Around here, I can get my hands on darn near new 8x12 enclosed trailers for about $2500. That should do everything you want it to do and some.
I was looking at some 6x12 V-nose units but I could use the extra width too lol. Good to know. :thumbup

·
My other bike is your sister
7,419 Posts
Old school way I trailered to the track (need some pics of the new school).....6x12 open trailer fits street R1, track R1, TTR pit bike and generator, stands, etc. with no problem (and room for more).

·
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought my enclosed trailer straight from the factory. i had to drive to GA to pick it up. Delivery was a bit pricey if I didn't.

Legal saw it this weekend.
More info please... I'm right next door to Georgia.

·
R1 Forum Star
16,200 Posts
More info please... I'm right next door to Georgia.

Arising industries

[email protected]

I wanted a full 4' vnose and room on front for a generator. They were the only ones that would build that. And it was less than the same size locally by quite a bit. I paid right a 5k..16x8.5 with 4'v making it 20' and another 30" from tip to jack.

Insulated and finished walls. Jason and I did the electric and ceiling.

·
11,806 Posts
Arising industries

[email protected]

I wanted a full 4' vnose and room on front for a generator. They were the only ones that would build that. And it was less than the same size locally by quite a bit. I paid right a 5k..16x8.5 with 4'v making it 20' and another 30" from tip to jack.

Does it have the rear door that's a ramp also with a lowering assist?

·
Super Moderator
24,485 Posts
I bought my enclosed trailer straight from the factory. i had to drive to GA to pick it up. Delivery was a bit pricey if I didn't.

Legal saw it this weekend.
I saw it too! :2bitchsla

But I'm not looking for something that big. Plus the Charger wouldn't be able to pull it. I'm looking for a small lightweight enclosed trailer like 5' x 8'. :dunno

·
11,806 Posts

·
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Arising industries

[email protected]

That's who makes one of the ones I was looking at actually, only through a dealer instead of direct.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts