Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Here is a few of my HF setup. I elected to weld in some angle iron to get the lights a little higher and to make a boot for the front tire. My dad originally bought this trailer around '95 I think and it is still going strong. I have only replaced the safety chain and wheels
How are those HF trailers doing at highway speeds?

·
NSDQ
302 Posts
For the price is the best trailer I've ever bought. I would recommend getting the entire frame spayed with bedliner because the paint on it doesn't last. So paint, bigger wheels, LED lighting kit, and some good plywood aren't a must but these little upgrades will make this trailer last for decades

·
look for special phrase here
9,923 Posts
I'm getting ready to do a Harbor Freight setup.

What is the process for getting the trailer street legal? Does it need a plate?
When the hell did you move to CA? :lol

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
I'm getting ready to do a Harbor Freight setup.

What is the process for getting the trailer street legal? Does it need a plate?
If you buy a trailer from a retail company, they generally give you the paperwork to get tags. Or, they will do it for you.

·
A guardrail ate my right leg..
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Looks good!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Here's a shot of my Harbor Freight trailer 95% done. I'll add some more once I have the bike loaded up and hooked to the car as well.

Also used a Harbor Freight wheel chock. This thing is fantastic and will hold the bike up while strapping everything down. Used a heavy duty textured deck paint in Slate Gray.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Here it is all hooked up. Handled the nearly 500 miles I put on it this past weekend perfectly.

·
From beyond the stars
365 Posts
That's a pretty sweet trailer, can I ask how much did that run you and where did you find it? I would love an enclosed one but this is a perfect alternate.

·
From beyond the stars
365 Posts
ahhh grassy a$$ vedy mush :D

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
Anyone use harbor freight wheel chocks on their R1 for towing a bike on a trailer? If not, can anyone recommend one that is on the cheaper side of things. Harbor freight has one for $70. Cycle gear looks like they have a similar one for $160. Condor seems nice but over $200. I am looking for a little bit more stability when i tow my R1 from the house to the track.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Anyone use harbor freight wheel chocks on their R1 for towing a bike on a trailer? If not, can anyone recommend one that is on the cheaper side of things. Harbor freight has one for $70. Cycle gear looks like they have a similar one for $160. Condor seems nice but over $200. I am looking for a little bit more stability when i tow my R1 from the house to the track.
I've got the roll on, locking one. If you scroll to post #112, you can see it a bit in my first picture. Mine is very stable in the chock even without straps, so it makes it very easy to roll into and then strap the bike without doing a balancing act. I've had mine for about a year now, and some of the hardware is rusting a bit, but great other than that.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts