Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I have the U.S. General Motorcycle Stand from Harbor Freight in my 5x8. I would not transport my R1 without tie downs, but I have no problem using it to hold the bike upright while I am attaching tie downs.

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
I want to get a pitbull trailer restraint but I don't want spend $300 either lol. It seems everyone with race bikes uses them though. @YZF-Rich; is the bike hard to roll of that chock? It looks like your using it in the furthest inward position. Is that right? Any issues with the R1 fitting?

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
You wouldn't need them if you got a pitbull trailer restraint. :D
Someday... Budget restraints keep me from buying a lot of worthwhile stuff...

I want to get a pitbull trailer restraint but I don't want spend $300 either lol. It seems everyone with race bikes uses them though. @YZF-Rich; is the bike hard to roll of that chock? It looks like your using it in the furthest inward position. Is that right? Any issues with the R1 fitting?
No issues with fit or loading. As long as the trailer is level, the R1 is easy to roll into and out of the chock. If you have a forward lean (back of the trailer higher than the front) it can be harder to get the front tire out of the chock.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts