Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:)It,s been real cold here, I've been dying to ride this thing....

Finally got a chance to go for a short 40 min. ride today and check out the new Y pipe I installed last week, and my new Vortex rearsets....

I really love this bike,powerband is a little smoother than my 06 Gixxer 1000, and seems to handle nicely...did some local highway riding, so didn't get into the heavy twisties yet(hence the chicken strips), i can't wait to take her to the track....still breaking her in so to speak(less than 100 miles, been cold here), so i haven't seen redline yet, but this bike has a great top end to it....the Vortex grippier pegs give me a lot more confidence and better riding position....the brakes are insane, and I didn't install the Galfer lines I have yet

I can't wait until it gets warmer, and no more heat blasting on my leg like it did with the cat...

The only thing I notice is when she warms up and I blast off, sometimes stalls, but I give more gass off the jump and seems fine....no lag issues yet, or anything that would bother me...and this bike is definitely fast!!!!:epimp

Here's some pics too from today, thought I might share...

I was thinking about blue rim stripes, but I am not sure, what do you think???...

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
Nice pics

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Lucky...about ever five days we get more snow. I barely get my car out of my driveway every morning, let alone the bike.

Enjoy it while you can man! I'm envious!

·
What's happenin'?
320 Posts
It got up to 50 a couple days ago, but it was raining like crazy at the same time so I never got out. The next day, it was back to 25-30 all day :nforc:

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
Nice man, keep that thing garaged until Spring! $.02
Dont wanna slip up w/ some cold tires!

* I got blue rim tape if you want it...(Reflective yamaha Blue ){unused}

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
nice. I have been itching to ride and it's only been about a month tops :(

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice looking bike.

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice man, keep that thing garaged until Spring! $.02
Dont wanna slip up w/ some cold tires!

* I got blue rim tape if you want it...(Reflective yamaha Blue ){unused}
I am still thinking about it...not sure on the rim tape....i'd like to see pics of it on a blue 07 first...yeah the pirelli's did well in the cold.....there pretty good, much better than the stock bridgestone battlecraps that came on my gixxer, i thought those weren't bad until I swapped them with M3s...

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
I am still thinking about it...not sure on the rim tape....i'd like to see pics of it on a blue 07 first...yeah the pirelli's did well in the cold.....there pretty good, much better than the stock bridgestone battlecraps that came on my gixxer, i thought those weren't bad until I swapped them with M3s...
Well if you want em let me know!
I dont think i'm gunna go blue next year so theres no reason for me to save them!

·
|'m the |
8 Posts
:)It,s been real cold here, I've been dying to ride this thing....

Finally got a chance to go for a short 40 min. ride today and check out the new Y pipe I installed last week, and my new Vortex rearsets....

I really love this bike,powerband is a little smoother than my 06 Gixxer 1000, and seems to handle nicely...did some local highway riding, so didn't get into the heavy twisties yet(hence the chicken strips), i can't wait to take her to the track....still breaking her in so to speak(less than 100 miles, been cold here), so i haven't seen redline yet, but this bike has a great top end to it....the Vortex grippier pegs give me a lot more confidence and better riding position....the brakes are insane, and I didn't install the Galfer lines I have yet

I can't wait until it gets warmer, and no more heat blasting on my leg like it did with the cat...

The only thing I notice is when she warms up and I blast off, sometimes stalls, but I give more gass off the jump and seems fine....no lag issues yet, or anything that would bother me...and this bike is definitely fast!!!!:epimp

Here's some pics too from today, thought I might share...

I was thinking about blue rim stripes, but I am not sure, what do you think???...

10-Day Forecast for
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Forecast Conditions High/Low ?F Precip.
Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed
Tonight

Dec 26 Partly Cloudy
78?/62? 10%
78?F

Thu
Dec 27 Partly Cloudy
82?/68? 10%
82?F

Fri
Dec 28 Partly Cloudy
83?/68? 10%
83?F

Sat
Dec 29 Partly Cloudy
83?/68? 10%
83?F

Sun
Dec 30 Partly Cloudy
83?/67? 10%
83?F

Mon
Dec 31 Isolated T-Storms
81?/66? 30%
81?F

Tue
Jan 1 Showers
78?/60? 40%
78?F

Wed
Jan 2 Partly Cloudy
75?/52? 10%
75?F

Thu
Jan 3 Few Showers
67?/58? 30%
67?F

Fri
Jan 4 Mostly Cloudy
76?/62? 10%
76?F

Not to Shabby in South Florida! :hammer:

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
Thanks alot for the offer...your really giving them away...anyway...I 'll hold off because there might be someone out there who really wants them and you can charge them:) :lol
They were $20+ (Not breaking my Bank LOL), if any one wants them from the Forum they can have em! Just pay for shipping.
you im sure can just pick em up! :)

and take it as a Gift From J$.....:dollar

{i'm getting a new bike and am going to stray from Stock colors quickly,
i will have no use for these ever in the future}:fact

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They were $20+ (Not breaking my Bank LOL), if any one wants them from the Forum they can have em! Just pay for shipping.
you im sure can just pick em up! :)

and take it as a Gift From J$.....:dollar

{i'm getting a new bike and am going to stray from Stock colors quickly,
i will have no use for these ever in the future}:fact
Maybe when I get a chance I'll pick them up if you still have them...:hammer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.