Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

The dumbass's u meet while cruisin the strip.

791 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  yammiebender 
#1 · (Edited)
So im riding along in the 40º weather friday night. Finally I saw another bike out (2001 TL1000s), i wave him over and we start talking, then this other guy comes up in his car and starts talking.
*Edited the dumbass convo so u dont get bored*
So the guy on the TL was all excited to get NOS, but couldnt afford it, so he said the suzuki shop quoted him at 145 for the bottle, lines and 2 purge valves. Cuz he said he didnt really need the NOS but that he just wanted to intimidate people when he purged on both sides of his bike. :finger Oh and he kept on talking about getting "tips" so finally I asked what he was talking about and he pointed at my Arata can! He was calling a slip-on, tips (Note i have a full system not a slipon)

Well the other guy told me he had a Buell Blast, that was upped in displacement to the 600's (from 500) Had carb, had that cam, this and that blah blah blah, built for draggin knee ect and laying down 70 something HP. He also told me he had a zx-12r bored to 1300+ with *cough cough* TWIN TURBOS :bash and again set it up for "turns". He then went on to tell me about his firebolt, lightning and other buells hes owned. Too bad he didnt drive one of them bikes instead of his Olds Cutless

#3 ·
Ignorance = entertainment

:lol :lol :crash

#4 ·
I like it when someone walks up to you at a gas station, says "Nice Bike, too bad its not a ninja. i used to have a zx 6. They just dont make bikes as fast as they used to." That happend to me 4 times last summer, or something similar. always a 600 ninja though.

#6 ·
I feel somewhat sorry for the guys that think that the early 90 bikes were fast. I mean compared to cars, yes. But compared to the new bikes, they seem to move about as fast as a turtle stampede through peanut butter.

#7 ·
LOL, I got the same comment a few times last year too Bwalker!! One guy even asked me what my bike was and I told him and he started talking about an old 500 Seca that he had back in the day and how if he still had it he'd "leave all these new bikes in the dust" I just shake my head and agree with people when they talk out of there asses!! Poor guy has no clue

Joe

#8 ·
Looneybomber said:
So im riding along in the 40º weather friday night. Finally I saw another bike out (2001 TL1000s), i wave him over and we start talking, then this other guy comes up in his car and starts talking.
*Edited the dumbass convo so u dont get bored*
So the guy on the TL was all excited to get NOS, but couldnt afford it, so he said the suzuki shop quoted him at 145 for the bottle, lines and 2 purge valves. Cuz he said he didnt really need the NOS but that he just wanted to intimidate people when he purged on both sides of his bike. :finger Oh and he kept on talking about getting "tips" so finally I asked what he was talking about and he pointed at my Arata can! He was calling a slip-on, tips (Note i have a full system not a slipon)

Well the other guy told me he had a Buell Blast, that was upped in displacement to the 600's (from 500) Had carb, had that cam, this and that blah blah blah, built for draggin knee ect and laying down 70 something HP. He also told me he had a zx-12r bored to 1300+ with *cough cough* TWIN TURBOS :bash and again set it up for "turns". He then went on to tell me about his firebolt, lightning and other buells hes owned. Too bad he didnt drive one of them bikes instead of his Olds Cutless
So why are they paying big bucks to GP engineers when they get these guys fora lot less ? :confused: :crash :dunno

#9 ·
Oh yeah i keep getting this guy talking to me about his bike he had 10 yrs or so ago... I mean come on! the new 600s r as fast as the 10-12 y/o 1000s were. Plus MUCH better on the track. I keep forgetting why i ride alone. And that night just reminded me.

#11 ·
Oh oh another thing i forgot, that dude with the "twin turbo'd" kawi, had a custom made rear swingarm to fit a 250 rear tire. That way itd be better for the turns.

#13 ·
yammiebender said:
WOW... ONLY a 250 hey??

Man that thing must have JUST DROPPED into the corners.. ROFLMAO.. ;)
yeah...250 goes togehter nicely with the tips. :lol

#15 ·
One thing I do have to say is that just because a bike is old and doesn't look like a track bike....doesn't mean it is not fast. The sportbike of today is far superior the the older ones but there are some sleeper bikes out there....one of the guys out here locally has one HELL of a sleeper bike...and looking at it you would never think it is very fast. He loves to pull up to squids on sportbikes and shame them. I have to find out what his motor size is again...he works at Sears Point on the fire crew!!

#16 ·
LOL.. the bastard!! I love it! I wonder if he wears a black Zorro mask under there too! lol.. Maybe goes through your pockets when your leaned over from behind..
I hear you there though I know a few guys out here that ride stuff that you would NEVER take seriously. and they're GONE on the first 5 corners...
SLEEEPERS.. BEWARE... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.