Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2006 R6R and new 2008 ZX10R
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the first CBR1000 RR dyno curve I have seen. Honda has not given any exact hp numbers but this time they have compared the 2004 and 2003 bike engine power...

I am not sure if this picture is in scale but for me it seems that now Honda has reached 2003 R1 engine power...or even 2003 Suzuki GSXR 1000 if everything goes well...

Shit...why they are releasing this kind of curves without numbers...

Attachments

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
The '02-'03 RR has only 954cc compared to the R1's 998ccs and only was around ~5HP short of the R1, which is pretty impressive considering the 48cc disadvantage the Honda has.

How can you say " it seems that now Honda has reached 2003 R1 engine power."? Have you compared the '03 R1 and 1000RR #s? :confused:

I don't know about the 1000RR's HP. It might or might not be the new HP leader. But one thing is for sure, it will have the best chassis and brakes like all Hondas before it. :)

I soooo wanna see the ZX-10r's dyno sheet. :rock

·
2006 R6R and new 2008 ZX10R
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hi

Wh0 DiS

It seems that you are the really honda friend...just like I was earlier (3 hondas) and I still am...

The honda has the best quality earlier...but now..Yamaha has the same...The overal look...Honda has lost the game when we are looking just the pure sexy look..Yamaha is better...actually the R1 has been the best one some years indeed...

This new 2004 short stroke R1 engine is very special...if you look those dimensions (bore and stroke) you can understand that now we have reached the new 1000 class engine power rules---same rules we have in 600 class earlier... Yamaha 2004 r1 engine will be the most sexy one we have seen during some years...The short stroke and high rpm is very special indeed...

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Looks like its going to be a lot of fun up top. Really wish they would have released some #'s though...

- BA

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
Mackz said:

I don't know about the 1000RR's HP. It might or might not be the new HP leader. But one thing is for sure, it will have the best chassis and brakes like all Hondas before it. :)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, nice and innovative but if anything like the 600RR a bit on the porky side. I havent talked to a racer yet that would rather ride a 600RR over the R6. SO if the literbikes reflect the 600's of this year, it could be ugly for Honda

·
70,000 miles on 4 R1's 01-04
2,385 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:

Yes, nice and innovative but if anything like the 600RR a bit on the porky side. I havent talked to a racer yet that would rather ride a 600RR over the R6. SO if the literbikes reflect the 600's of this year, it could be ugly for Honda
I was thinkin the same thing :iamwithst

·
Dark Horse
3,075 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:

This might be true if the purchasers of these bikes were predominantly racers, but that's not the case. The typical street rider will care little if the 1KRR is a little heavier than the competition -- especially in a class where the bikes are so close and the limits of their capabilities are seldom reached by the average Joe. The fact that Honda has no problems selling their 600RR proves that.

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
ya know so what if it has alot of power.... the bike looks like dog crap compaired to the 04 R1... now that is one piece of modern art...

IXI

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
IXIEvilR1 said:
ya know so what if it has alot of power.... the bike looks like dog crap compaired to the 04 R1... now that is one piece of modern art...

IXI
I agree with ya there, the Honda looks like a plastic pile 'o shiaat.. :fact :ugh

of course that has nothing to do with performance..

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Re: 1

Lespaul66 said:
Hi

Wh0 DiS

It seems that you are the really honda friend...just like I was earlier (3 hondas) and I still am...

The honda has the best quality earlier...but now..Yamaha has the same...The overal look...Honda has lost the game when we are looking just the pure sexy look..Yamaha is better...actually the R1 has been the best one some years indeed...

This new 2004 short stroke R1 engine is very special...if you look those dimensions (bore and stroke) you can understand that now we have reached the new 1000 class engine power rules---same rules we have in 600 class earlier... Yamaha 2004 r1 engine will be the most sexy one we have seen during some years...The short stroke and high rpm is very special indeed...
I like all bikes equally and I don't like dodging any brand. Specially a company like Honda who made the ultimate bike, the RC211V. :)

I love the new R1, it's sexy as hell, but I owned too many R1's already. I'd buy the '04 again but the front looks too much like the '02 I already have. The Honda could be 50 pounds heavier than all the liter bikes but all the high tech goodies it comes with makes it very tempting.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Originally posted by KneeDragger77

Even being "on the porky side" it scored Sportbike Of The Year Award. :dunno

According to your reasoning, ff the '04 liter bikes do reflect the 600s this year, then like the 600RR, the 1000RR will make the most HP and will be the fastest in the quarter mile. :)

It's funny that no1 called the '02-03 R1 "porky" when it was over 10 pounds heavier than the Honda and Suzuki last year. :no

I like the Honda as much as I like Yamaha, Kawasaki and *cough**cough*Suzuki*cough**cough*

·
Farkin' hero blobs!
1,272 Posts
What the hell does engine speed per minute mean?:bs

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Other than the electronic steering damper.. what high tech good(ies) does the honda have?? And I've ridden ridiculously fast for over 13,000 miles on my 02 R1 with NO steering damper. So you can imagine how impressed I am with that 'high tech' goodie on the honda.

I give props to the 600RR.. it has the looks and styling to sell (RC211V). And who cares about the racetrack prowness or weight of any new 600cc or literbike unless you are Jason Pridmore or better. And he could still whip you on a 98 Katana.

The 1000RR is pretty much a dissapointment to me all around. The styling is down right disgusting, the plastic cladding looks very cheap.. very Chevrolet.. and I'd venture as far to say even the 03 Gix1000 looks better. Not to mention the let down in power.

In my opinion those of you who dont crave more power than what comes stock on your 02/03 R1, dont need to be riding a literbike anyways. Go back to a 600 wussies.. they are still fast. But I personally get tired of being passed by Gix1000's when the road straightens up (especially over the 160mph mark) and cant wait to get the 04 R1 to show them who's king again.

Honda fan or not, the 1000RR really does look to be the 'bottom of the barrel' bike for next year. The way I see it so far (with no real comparison tests of course) the 04 literbike shootout is looking to be:

1. Tie between 04 R1 and ZX-10
2. Gix1000
3. 1000RR

The new R1 and 10.. both seem to have the power, chasis, tidbits, and looks to be the class leader. It just a matter of Yamaha vs. Kawasaki taste.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
Daekwan said:
Other than the electronic steering damper.. what high tech good(ies) does the honda have?? And I've ridden ridiculously fast for over 13,000 miles on my 02 R1 with NO steering damper. So you can imagine how impressed I am with that 'high tech' goodie on the honda.

I give props to the 600RR.. it has the looks and styling to sell (RC211V). And who cares about the racetrack prowness or weight of any new 600cc or literbike unless you are Jason Pridmore or better. And he could still whip you on a 98 Katana.

The 1000RR is pretty much a dissapointment to me all around. The styling is down right disgusting, the plastic cladding looks very cheap.. very Chevrolet.. and I'd venture as far to say even the 03 Gix1000 looks better. Not to mention the let down in power.

In my opinion those of you who dont crave more power than what comes stock on your 02/03 R1, dont need to be riding a literbike anyways. Go back to a 600 wussies.. they are still fast. But I personally get tired of being passed by Gix1000's when the road straightens up (especially over the 160mph mark) and cant wait to get the 04 R1 to show them who's king again.

Honda fan or not, the 1000RR really does look to be the 'bottom of the barrel' bike for next year. The way I see it so far (with no real comparison tests of course) the 04 literbike shootout is looking to be:

2. Gix1000
3. 1000RR

The new R1 and 10.. both seem to have the power, chasis, tidbits, and looks to be the class leader. It just a matter of Yamaha vs. Kawasaki taste.
very good post dude.. couldn't agree more.. :yesnod

and Mackz I don't think the R1 is over ten pounds heavier than the Gix1K or the 954RR.. where did you get those figures? :dunno :confused:

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Daekwan said:

2. Gix1000
3. 1000RR

You seem to know everything about liter bikes as long as it's an R1. :lol

The plastics might look ugly, but Honda and cheap don't go togheter. Here are the goodies that ONLY the big ugly and very Chevrolet Honda will have:

1) Unit Pro-link
2) Big Race Radiator (Double capacity)
3) Cassette Type transmission
3) DSFI (Dual Stage Fuel Injection)
4) HESD
5) Cylinder type air-box filters
5) Hydraulic clutch

All of the above stuff should tell you how race oriented the 1000RR.

The R1 can be sexy but it's the super trick race ready 'bottom of the barrel' 1000RR that gives me wood. :yesnod

For me, anything over 100mph + leaned over = and the front end is super nervous (no serious headshakes yet). You must have super smooth without even one ripple roads where you ride "ridiculous fast" without a damper or headshake. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts