Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kangaroo is preparing to bound all the way over there. I figure 3 days to get there and the same to get back. +/- 1 day. Anybody give some advice on where to stop along the I 80 corridor?

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
The Kangaroo is preparing to bound all the way over there. I figure 3 days to get there and the same to get back. +/- 1 day. Anybody give some advice on where to stop along the I 80 corridor?
You will like driving through Nebraska!!!! Nice and flat.

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually looking forward to this long drive. Always wanted to do a cross country thing.

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to this long drive. Always wanted to do a cross country thing.
You ought to take pictures of every state line sign that you pass!

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You ought to take pictures of every state line sign that you pass!
Got that covered :thumbup.

Looking at doing this in HD format, including videos of the forum and all the activities, members, etc etc. I will gather incriminating evidence... :fact

:lol

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where are you headed to?
The Convention, going to do a big loop, I-80 to the Gap, then the I-15 back the week after. Don't know all the different highways in between. Something like this. :thumbup

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
The Convention, going to do a big loop, I-80 to the Gap, then the I-15 back the week after. Don't know all the different highways in between. Something like this. :thumbup
Sweet! Hit the sign up thread. If you need any help with anything just post up and we'll do what we can to assist. :thumbup

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
having made many 3000+ trips, some even solo including straight through 1500 mile legs....i can offer a few tips. (besides all the very obvious stuff)

1. don't speed too much. you don't make time on the road on a trip that long--you make it on stops!! a couple long stops wipe out any sane amount of time you make speeding. fuel up and stretch out, but be quick about it.

2. eat extra healthy. hitting up dirty ron and colonel sanders will cost you. pack some healthy easy-to-eat food for your trip. you will feel 5x better upon arrival and save money too.

3. it is not possible to over-estimate the potential boredom. bring way more music/etc than you think you need. you'll be very glad by nebraska. i brought some books on tape also (cd...stephen king) for variety last time and that worked out nicely.

4. be careful. if you start to feel really tired/sleepy.....stop. it's actually very easy to fall asleep at the wheel. having consumed several hundred gallons of energy drinks, i can vouch that red bull is truly the best.

5. good luck. and see you at the convention!

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
That looks like a fun trip. You have to do me a favor if you dont mind. When you go by Lincoln Neb. on I80 you will pass Memorial Stadium. Where the Nebraska Corn Huskers play. How bout snap a pic. for me. Dont stop or anything just snap a pic from you car.

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks like a fun trip. You have to do me a favor if you dont mind. When you go by Lincoln Neb. on I80 you will pass Memorial Stadium. Where the Nebraska Corn Huskers play. How bout snap a pic. for me. Dont stop or anything just snap a pic from you car.
:thumbup

Also anybody else need anything tangible from the west coast?

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If Paytheon starts from Oregon, he may be further than me.

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohhh yeah, forgot about him. Probably because I wasn't there last year..
I think 09 is gonna be a big one.

I80 goes right through my area!! :rock
My route goes south after Nebraska to Missouri. Says to avoid Iowa as much as possible... :lol

Sup B. Weird not seeing your usual :moto: ing :hellobye

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts

My route goes south after Nebraska to Missouri. Says to avoid Iowa as much as possible... :lol

09 will be something special for sure!

·
Banned
360 Posts

Hey bro!! :hellobye

New job and I actually spend little to no time infront of a computer there. :fact :lol :lol

·
37,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stop by mkinla's house and pick up the $500 that bet-welching little $#&%* owes me. :lol
Hey I'm just transportin'. Call a pimp for the backhand stuff... :lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts