Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The International Motorcycle & Scooter show is on over here at the moment. LB went on the opening day and covered the event. There's a truck load of photos from the show as well as the manufacturers for their 2008 ranges.

I think there's about three thousand pictures all-together in 14 galleries. 2008 is going to be pretty cool I think :)

- NEC Motorcycle & Scooter Show, 2007 - #1

- NEC Motorcycle & Scooter Show, 2007 - #2

- NEC Motorcycle & Scooter Show, 2007 - #3

- NEC Motorcycle & Scooter Show, 2007 - #4

- KTM's new 2008 Bikes

- Ducati Range 2008

- Buell Range 2008

- Harley Davidson Range 2008

- BMW Range 2008

- Victory Motorcycles Range 2008

- Benelli Range 2008

- Triumph Range 2008

- Honda, Suzuki & Kawasaki New Models

- Yamaha Range 2008

Preview:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

2000750, no, I still have the K5 1000. I bought my girlfriend a K7 750 for Valentines though this year. I had to put my new-bike ideas on hold, though even then it wasn't a new gsxr. I have had them for the last few bikes, and whilst they're amazing, you can only desire the same of something for so long.

I was interested in the 1098. I got to ride one round the Brands Hatch circuit here this summer when Ducati lent me one, and that was a great experience, but it would have cost me a fortune as I'd ahve got the S model, tinkered with it and then been annoyed at the R model being released (and not being able to afford it, hehe).

I'm trying to get my DRZ 400 back on the road for winter-fun though.

·
Heckler & Koch Insured
104 Posts
is it just me or did anyone else notice that the yamaha and suzuki/kawasaki link are the same?

·
Heckler & Koch Insured
104 Posts

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
Thanks!

2000750, no, I still have the K5 1000. I bought my girlfriend a K7 750 for Valentines though this year. I had to put my new-bike ideas on hold, though even then it wasn't a new gsxr. I have had them for the last few bikes, and whilst they're amazing, you can only desire the same of something for so long.

I was interested in the 1098. I got to ride one round the Brands Hatch circuit here this summer when Ducati lent me one, and that was a great experience, but it would have cost me a fortune as I'd have got the S model, tinkered with it and then been annoyed at the R model being released (and not being able to afford it, hehe).

I'm trying to get my DRZ 400 back on the road for winter-fun though.
I always loved your K5. Very VERY clean and tastefully done. You did have an accident on it correct? Maybe I was thinking that it got totaled and that you bought another one just like it and started over.

I hear you on wanting something different. That's why I just picked up the 1098. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been cooperating and I've only put about 250 miles on it so far. November in Colorado...go figure. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe, doh :)

Yeah, I had an accident on it two years ago. A woman ran out in front of us and all went down. Bike-wise it proved to be a good opportunity to begin the modding how I wanted it. Now it's setup purely for the track, though gets ridden on the road, so I keep losing my breath as I hit my nuts on the tank often!

1098... nice :) Brakes seemed a bit grabby when used in anger, I had it sideways down a hill because of this at the track. Superb engine though!

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
Yep...that's exactly what I was thinking of!

Of the few miles I've put on my 1098, the brakes are the thing that make me the most cautious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.