Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Still love Yami's the most
1,150 Posts
r1ryder1770 said:
$hit!!! I did something similar, but it was in front of hundreds of people at Laguna Seca on the 10th of July @ approx 12:15pm. Also, i dropped the r1 too!!!!
A guy I know dropped his bike on the fan lap that day.

· see you at the races and ride
3,910 Posts
been there ,done that. 1984 on my 84' ninja 900 (r1 of its days) I was riding thru the college parking lot when I heard a girl I worked with call out so I grabbed a handful of front brake to slow and go back while turning and down I went. Landed on the knee which i just had a surgical tune-up on and trashed the rightside of the like new bike. She felt bad , I felt worse though.

Attachments

· X_Infantry
2,886 Posts
About 2 weeks after I bought my new One this summer - I was spraying it off at the car wash - pulled out of the bay - spun the wheels & the bike 180ed at about 5mph - highsided me off causing me to do a complete airborn flip in front of about 20 people...

What was even worse when I got up & tryed to get out of there the bike wouldnt start so I pushed it away aroud the courner...

· I love lamp!
907 Posts
Why does $hit like that always happen in front of hot girls. I was at the mall once a few years back on my 02 R1 an I noticed some girls checking me (the bike, since I was in gear)out and to this day I am still not sure why I didnt catch this, but somehow I stopped in a spot of fresh oil in my parking place, an had already put my foot down to balance and the front end slid out a little bit and she started falling. I did my best to catch her but she was already too far over. I did manage to hold it from falling hard but I looked like an idiot hopping around on one leg holding onto the grip trying to keep it from going down. Then as I am sure you are aware of now you have that feeling like your whole body is blushing and you feel like a complete ass. This in turn makes it harder to pick your bike back up because for some reason you are still trying to make it look like its no big deal! Damn I hate that feeling. Hope that will be the last time for me, but probably not.....

· Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Ive dropped mine making a U-Turn, but late at night, and not in a crowd, luckily.

Now, my friend I ride with, different story... We are on our way to the UCF Football game. Many many fine A$$ chicks. We are riding around back and every fine, drunk, half-clothed college tailgating chick is back there. So like 50 people are making the sign for us to do a wheelie. My friend has no problems with that, and puts up a nice one, till the light turns red. A little Endo at the light to complete it, it was perfect. Now someone says, do a burnout!!! No problem my friend says. He revs it up over 10K RPM, grabs a big handfull of front brake, and as soon as he lets go of the clutch, that tire grips like it never has before, and that bike, I swear to god, went 20 feet in the air, right in the middle of the intersection. My friend just fell backward, and is laying on his back, in the middle of the road, watching his bike go up, up, and away, and finally comes down harder than anything ive ever seen before, right on the nose of this R6. Motorcycle parts fly absolutely everywhere, the intersection looks like an R6 exploded in the middle of it. Forks were bent, nose was gone, rim was bent, tire blew out, cluster demolished, broken clutch and brake lever, the entire bike is scrathed all to hell.......... And he had half of UCF laughing their asses of at him. He couldnt even ride away. We were picking parts up for an hour. I have never felt so bad for someone in my entire life. BUT, he will never live it down either, cause that happened almost a year ago, and to this day its funny as hell.

· Family, Honor, Strength
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hahaha.....:lol :lol :lol...

Thanks for sharing the stories guys. Those were great. I don't feel as a complete idiot now.

Actually, I usually go there on my R1. So, they are all know my bikes and face. I am definitely not going back to that gym.

I still remember as I was trying to pick up the bike, I saw several chics putting their hands to their mouth....kinda like:

"oh sheeh, I hope he's OK"

or more like...

"oh sheesh, what a fcuking idiot"

or

"I hope he got struck by lightning soon to put him out of his misery"

· Gap Addicted
604 Posts
Thats pretty funny!

· Registered
412 Posts
vrooomr6 said:
Dont worry man.. go back to the same Gym. It will make you more approachable for them girlies. Everyone fooks up now and again
:lol
Yeah, maybe they were all intimidated by you're obviously large balls (since you ride an R1), and now they will feel more comfortable approaching you... :crash

I dumped my ZX9 once. I was turning left and noticed this car had turned toward me and was punching it. Instead of rolling through my turn and making him take his foot off the gas, I thought it'd be cool to grab a handfull of brake while leaned over at 5mph. At least I was spared the indignity of trying to save it. I was almost all the way down before I realized what was happening it went down so fast. Broke the shifter so I had to ride home in first. New shift petal plus one fairing panel = $600 :dollar :fact

· Registered
351 Posts
I droppped mine at a street light coming to a stop looking at a blonde tourist in a convertible.... with my luck I just happened to stop and put my foot down on a wet spot and that's all she wrote......:p :lol :lol

· Hold my beer, Watch this!!
229 Posts
adamsre said:
A guy I know dropped his bike on the fan lap that day.
Oh I forgot about my drop at Laguna too....I went to park up on the hill and stopped sideways and began to put my foot down, but since I was on a steep slope my foot didn't find the ground in time. As I tried to save it I ended up giving it full throttle to gain even more attention to myself making probably 5000 people give me a standing ovation of laughter. Needless to say I went back down the hill and found another parking spot.

· Cheating death in the "D"
21,182 Posts
yellowducking said:
Anyone dropped their bike in front of an audience ?
about 5yrs ago on my old blinged out YZF600R I did this classic move . . .

got out of work at 5pm, everyone is leaving the office, got on my full gear, 2pc. suit, boots, gloves & lid, hop on bike start it up, was planning on doing a small burn out as I left . . .

reved it up, popped it in gear, let out the clutch . . . went about a foot and fell with bike on top of me . . . forgot to take off the damn disc lock :2bitchsla

so yea . . . dumb shite happens :lol :lol :lol

· Registered
312 Posts
Re: Re: The most embarrassing motorcycle moment

rorlow said:

got out of work at 5pm, everyone is leaving the office, got on my full gear, 2pc. suit, boots, gloves & lid, hop on bike start it up, was planning on doing a small burn out as I left . . .

reved it up, popped it in gear, let out the clutch . . . went about a foot and fell with bike on top of me . . . forgot to take off the damn disc lock :2bitchsla

:lol :lol :lol that was exaclty the same thing happened to me... jus that i din plan to do the burn out... luckily there is only 1 guy around and he helped me to bring the bike up again... i thanked him, unlocked the dics and leave as fast as i can... :bash

· Beware of Subaru Outbacks!
970 Posts
sorry to hear about all these incidents. here's mine, i saved and saved and finally got my first street ride years ago, a sweet ass 94 zx6 (yes the one i totaled but thats a different story) so i ended up getting it on a rainy day. well, if any of you remember your first bike then you know i just HAD to ride it any way. so i take it to the backyard to get a feel for it (and before you cry squid, i've been riding on dirt since i was 10 years old and i know wet grass and street tires don't mix. hell, i can handle it, i'm a real biker now...like i said, don't call me squid...maybe...retarded?)anyway only everyone i know is watching, new wife, brothers, mom, neighboor...so, of course i lowside in the dirt. no damage to the bike, just grass growing out of my new ninja. the real damage to the old pride...:cryin

· Rossi Rules!!!!!
9,401 Posts
Re: Re: The most embarrassing motorcycle moment

rorlow said:

:iamwithst been there done that! :lol Thought I was the only one to try and roll with my disc locked! Felt like a dumbass but, I got over it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.