Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
592 Posts
A couple of years ago, I dropped my 2002 GSX1100F Suzuki Bandit in front of the Sunday crowd at Neptune's Net on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. My buddy had given me his old leather riding pants (I was new to sport riding, was a sport-tourer till then, never owned leathers), which were a little small, a little binding. Just as I turned into the front parking lot, the guys in front of me stopped. I wound up stopping with one wheel up the driveway and one wheel in the street — right over the gutter. So, when I went to put my foot down, I couldn't reach anything. By the time my foot hit pavement, the bike was too far over for me to save it, struggle though I did.

This happened right in front of about 1,000 Harley guys. They helped me get the bike back up. All I wanted to do was crawl into a hole after that.

Life is a humbling experience.

· Faster...
719 Posts
Sh!t happens!

· Banned
4,006 Posts
ive got 2. one was last night. i was coasting up to a red light and wanted to shift into Nuetral before i came to a stop well my foot got stuck between the peg and the shifter for a split second long enough for the bike to lean to far got my foot down in time but spent at least 10 seconds fighting to save it from falling at the red light. i get it up right just to look behind me and see a cop, and a bum on the sidewalk laughing at me. and the other one was, first time my wife rode with me. we went out with about 30 bikes to watch some guys stunt. i pulled up to make the last right hand turn everyone is already stopped and getting camcorders ready. i decide at the last second to re adjust my angle into the turn to miss some loose dirt. my wife thought i was stopping. she went to adjust her self on the seat and i wasnt moving fast enough to compensate for any extra movement had to jam the brake and get my foot down. barely and i mean BARELY caught it wife bailed off in time landed on her feet. i look up and theres at least 3 cameras on me..... felt like disapearing.

· Registered
227 Posts
I was idling at a stoplight, full leathers, shiny bike.

Had the bike in neutral.

When the light turned green, I forgot....put both feet on the pegs and shifted my weight forward.

last thing I remember was the bike tipping over

:2bitchsla

· Registered
388 Posts
That was a funny ass story YellowDucking :lol

One of my most embarrasing moments was at a street light.... there were a group of girls crossing the road right infront of me. All 4 of them started checking me out so I decided to wave at them... well the stupid Pimp I am forget that my hand was holding the clutch down so when I let go to wave... the bike jerked forward and I nearly dropped it. Oh yah I also managed to slam my nuts on the tank. The girls started laughing at me so once the light when green I took right the ƒuck off

· Bone Stock....for now....
463 Posts
As embarrassing as it is short.....dumped my '03 going less than 5mph in a truck stop parking lot on the right side. Trapped my leg underneath and some fellla was kind enough to help get it off me.....:blush. I actually did this twice though the second time I didn't go quite all the way down. Both times on the right side as for whatever reason it would just "drop" very quickly at extremely low speeds when turned to the right.

That characterisitc was non apparant to me when turning to the left at a comparable speed/lean. I never did get that handling characteristic figured out though I did finally learn after the second time to get my feet off the pegs sooner....:lol

· Registered
203 Posts
MT Wallet said:
I was idling at a stoplight, full leathers, shiny bike.

Had the bike in neutral.

When the light turned green, I forgot....put both feet on the pegs and shifted my weight forward.

last thing I remember was the bike tipping over

:lol :lol

· Derka Derka Doit For The R1!
1,137 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHH my story, long time ago idiot riding buddy decides to run the red light, me on my ghetto 500 ninja, didnt have power to get up to speed to go threw, so, i stop hard as i could, locked the front right up infront of 1 riding buddy, and the whole intersection traffic, bike only slide about 10 feet, 5 feet of it into the intersection. got up, buddy picked up the bike, i started it and rode off. ha, that was something, the guy that ran the red was filling up at the gas station right across the street, and didnt even know it happened, just happens so fast, and try to get the hell outta there ASAP.
Curby

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.