Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had a chance to build the perfect R1 how would you build it? What things would you like your R1 to have? Just to get the ball rolling...Would you change the exhaust? Maybe a dual exhaust? Should it exit under the seat or off to the side? What about the color? How much horsepower and torque would you like it to have? How much should it weigh? HID/Xenon lighting? Carbon Fiber everything? Polished frame? Black frame? Ground clearance (more or less then current bike)? I think you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I can't imagine how my "perfect" R1 would look. It should scare me hp/torgue wise and visually make my thingy stiff :eek: :p :D ;)

·
Really?
208 Posts
My perfect R1 would look more like the current GP bikes of Biaggi and Checa. The bulbous front fairing and waspish tail. Black frame, of course. I guess I want an YZR-M1 with the newer bodywork. I´d be quite happy with that!

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Yep, the new GP 4-stroker with lights and signals.

·
Resident Joker
44 Posts
Something wit a reclining seat, a t.v. with satellite & a wet bar.

·
Resident Joker
44 Posts
Originally posted by LtdR1Ryder:

What about horsepower? Would anyone like to see more?
I think the HP ideas are about at their limit for street bikes. Unless you plan on putting the bike on the track there's not really any need to increase HP.
I think weight & braking is the road to go down now.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tend to agree. If the gov't won't let the bikes run over 200mph what's the use of more hp? I would like to see the Yamaha back at the top of the charts though.

·
Custom User Title
1,438 Posts
R1_Jockey said:
I think the HP ideas are about at their limit for street bikes. Unless you plan on putting the bike on the track there's not really any need to increase HP.
I think weight & braking is the road to go down now.
National 'Old Thread' Day.

Funny how he was saying the same thing we hear from people today. Only now we are roughly 30% higher on hp, better on brakes, and lighter on weight.

·
I SeE ClOwNS
3,153 Posts
easy here is mine.

Attachments

·
Made of Star Stuff
3,956 Posts
My perfect R1 would be a track only world superbike spec R1 that has a few hundred grand dumped into it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Street legal all carbon no stickers 2006 M1

·
Starting construction!
1,663 Posts
I'd like to see
a two wheel drive version,
a CVT, or an electronic semi-auto gearbox,
a better contact patch on the ground - more rubber = better corner speed

hell, while we're talking, I want my r1 to have wings and be jet powered :)

·
Sir Douglas
4,808 Posts
I'd take one of Shane's bikes, to go with the one I already have!:thumbup You just don't see that type of bike set up where I live...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts