Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
The R1 Hermit!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys experienced a lot of trouble with the law riding an R1?

I have heard a lot of stories from other riders and friends who have friends with R1s that:

A. Are now dead.
B. Average mileage was less 1000 km's.
C. Always get pulled over by cops for nor serious reason.
D. Get constantly caught Speeding

I just kinda like to keep my license and also not have to get pulled over all the time because of the stigma of an R1 image to cops...

your views??

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Well.....couple things on that. Easiest way not to get pulled over...is dont' do anything stupid. But we wont' really go there now.

You are riding a sport bike. Most officers that I know, unless they ride have no idea what bike you are on until they pull you over. Hell, even when its sitting there, and the R1 logo is right on the side, people still ask me what bike it is...

People are dead and the average miles on the bike are from those that were idiots and unforutntly learned the hardway the ultimate price of riding.

Officers pull over all sport bikes for "no reason"...not just R1's. Again, read above.

If you are constatly getting caught speeding...maybe you should not speed...or do it somehwere where there are no/less law enforcement.

Sorry to invade the Tyre Fryers section...but it was posted on the main page.

·
THE LAST JEDI
219 Posts
Sabian said:
Well.....couple things on that. Easiest way not to get pulled over...is dont' do anything stupid. But we wont' really go there now.

You are riding a sport bike. Most officers that I know, unless they ride have no idea what bike you are on until they pull you over. Hell, even when its sitting there, and the R1 logo is right on the side, people still ask me what bike it is...

People are dead and the average miles on the bike are from those that were idiots and unforutntly learned the hardway the ultimate price of riding.

Officers pull over all sport bikes for "no reason"...not just R1's. Again, read above.

If you are constatly getting caught speeding...maybe you should not speed...or do it somehwere where there are no/less law enforcement.

Sorry to envade the Tyre Fryers section...but it was posted on the main page.

:iamwithst

·
dunning-kruger researcher
10,277 Posts
Sabian said:
Sorry to envade the Tyre Fryers section...but it was posted on the main page.
it's invade :finger

i had zero problems with the pigs when i was on the r1, didn't get pulled over cept when i was misbehaving... which wasn't too often :sneaky

didn't cop one fine in 32000km of riding on my 03, the officer who pulled me over for speeding was nice enough to offer a warning, cos he had no hairdryer reading :epimp

there are a few fellas on here who surely would be reason for increased harassment of sportsbike riders by the police, guess it's us better behaved suckers that have to cop it :crash

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Lord_Phat said:
it's invade :finger

i had zero problems with the pigs when i was on the r1, didn't get pulled over cept when i was misbehaving... which wasn't too often :sneaky

didn't cop one fine in 32000km of riding on my 03, the officer who pulled me over for speeding was nice enough to offer a warning, cos he had no hairdryer reading :epimp

there are a few fellas on here who surely would be reason for increased harassment of sportsbike riders by the police, guess it's us better behaved suckers that have to cop it :crash
Sorry LP...fixed...:(

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Lord_Phat said:
and you're not even paying me, this time :thumbup
End of the month....broke....:(

Besides, you know you'll get somethign special next time. :makeout

·
The R1 Hermit!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I totally agree that if you are speeding you are going to get caught eventually if not multiple times. :2bitchsla

I just find that since riding my RGV, my NSRs and my VFR400 i have never been pulled over. I always ride within the limit 90% of the time but it seems that the R1 attracted more attention..

But having said that you guys seem to think not so i take your word on it and will continue to ride with caution.. :epimp

·
dunning-kruger researcher
10,277 Posts
Sabian said:
End of the month....broke....:(

Besides, you know you'll get somethign special next time. :makeout
:jump

that's the ticket :epimp

evilhermit said:
But having said that you guys seem to think not so i take your word on it and will continue to ride with caution.. :epimp
where abouts in melbourne?

if your bike is on oddity in the area, then it will garner more attention for that reason :fact

·
aka T2
2,639 Posts
Lord_Asshat said:
Yeah,all these bastards that ride around like hoons,they should think of everyone else :p :D

·
GO!!!!!!R6
1,347 Posts
gixxerfreak said:
Yeah,all these bastards that ride around like hoons,they should think of everyone else :p :D
good one

:scared

if you did not ride like hoons them old and slow peolpe would never get pull over

R1 dont get stoped more often i have had 20 bikes in 21 years and have been stopped on all of then , mostly for licence checks, this is just part of riding a sports bike

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
GO!!!!!!R6 said:
good one

:scared

if you did not ride like hoons them old and slow peolpe would never get pull over

R1 dont get stoped more often i have had 20 bikes in 21 years and have been stopped on all of then , mostly for licence checks, this is just part of riding a sports bike
come on eric its time for bike 21.........06 r6 :fact

·
My R1 ate my wallet
722 Posts
Lets face it, even when she's sitting still, the R1 looks like she's going well over the limit.

The price you pya for having one of the sexiest bikes in town I'm afraid. :fact

LP - is there anywhere you ain't copping some :makeout with other dudes on the forum :finger

·
Starting construction!
1,662 Posts
I dont know if its the bike, or the location.

I had an R1 in Sydney, and got stopped regularly for license checks ( yeah, right ).

Fast forward to living in the UK, been here almost 3 years, havent been stopped once. Even better than that, I went back to Sydney for 2 weeks, and guess what, got stopped for a random drink driving test.

Gotta be honest here, Aus has a bunch of Nazi's patrolling the highways, whereas in the UK I find things a LOT more chilled out.

So no, I dont think its the R1 that is causing the problems, I think its more the LEO's.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts