Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, The secret that Yamaha didn't want out to the public is the reason of the valve noise from a big percent of R1's. The valve guides were made of bad metals! They wear out prematurely! Why doesn't Yamaha have a recall on this!:mad: :mad: :mad: I can tell you why, imagine the $$$$$ involved with this. This really sucks! Don't ask me how I know this information! If you don't believe me on the guide problem, take a head apart that's making noise and you'll find excessive play in them. Maybe if we all got together and complained to Yamaha they might do something.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
It's true?

I can't hear too much noise from my R1.. but I know there is .. ticking. But I really don't hear it if I just use the bike.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Atleast he's an ex-Ford man. He's wrong too. Yamahas tick even when new. Not just the R1's either. Sometimes it can be adjusted out, sometimes quiet ones start ticking when you adjust them. Mine all seemed to get quieter with time. Harleys leak oil, Triumphs are slow, and Yamahas tick. They have ticked for many years. If there was a problem with the metals they would have fixed it with the next year's model by now. There is no conspiracy involving Yamaha and their valves.

·
R1 xTc
244 Posts
A Spanish or Italian Mag, can't remember wich, pull apart a 1999 R1 motor after 50 000 Km and it was still like new inside. So I don't think the ticking problem is a problem as such.................:crash

Ill try and find my copy of Australian Motorcycle News with the europien artical and post it. (Translated of course).:)

·
Enjoy yourself bitches!
395 Posts
R1_Dave said:
A Spanish or Italian Mag, can't remember wich, pull apart a 1999 R1 motor after 50 000 Km and it was still like new inside. So I don't think the ticking problem is a problem as such.................:crash

Ill try and find my copy of Australian Motorcycle News with the europien artical and post it. (Translated of course).:)
Do it dude! Then all of these people might stop worrying and stop taking heads off their bikes for no good reason:lol .

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
X-FORD MAN said:
Guys, The secret that Yamaha didn't want out to the public is the reason of the valve noise from a big percent of R1's. The valve guides were made of bad metals! They wear out prematurely! Why doesn't Yamaha have a recall on this!:mad: :mad: :mad: I can tell you why, imagine the $$$$$ involved with this. This really sucks! Don't ask me how I know this information! If you don't believe me on the guide problem, take a head apart that's making noise and you'll find excessive play in them. Maybe if we all got together and complained to Yamaha they might do something.
Untrue.

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Damn............

ANOTHER OLD ASS POST

·
<3 Revy ^_^
573 Posts
X-FORD MAN said:
:bs

Kids...let this post be a lesson. :fact

Drugs are BAD, mmm'kay?

·
Helmets SAVE lives! Wear One!!
597 Posts
d207gp said:
:bs

Kids...let this post be a lesson. :fact

Drugs are BAD, mmm'kay?
:lol :lol :D :lol :lol

·
i make your girl wet...
1,638 Posts
:no

you guys kill me.

there is no goddam conspiracy.

and if you say there is again, men in black will come and take away your R1.

·
Oh yeah.
180 Posts
You've all got it wrong, I'm sorry to say.

I've done A LOT of research in to this, as my R1 has quite a tick.

What the ticking is, is a bomb. The ticking when riding slow is the detonator winding up, and it means you have to RIDE FAST because that counters the sequence, and at that point the ticking is the detonator winding back down. If the ticking (detonator) winds all the way, your R1 explodes... So keep the speed above about 140kms at all times, and any slow riding must be countered with immediate speed.

·
STORK MODE = stealthy torque
584 Posts
hehehe:lol
Pacman, you crack me up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts