Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from WSBK @ crash.net

This weekend at Valencia will see Noriyuki Haga make his much anticipated World Superbike return, when he lines up in Renegade Ducati colours alongside young Brit Leon Haslam.

2004 will actually be Haga's second Superbike comeback – 'Nitro Nori' having left for 500cc GP after finishing runner-up in 2000, then returning to WSBK with Aprilia in 2002, before a switching back to MotoGP last season.

However, both Haga's GP seasons failed to meet his expectations and the Japanese knows this year could make or break his career – and, despite a lack of pre-season track time caused by a parts delay and ill team members, the 'Samurai of Slide' has declared he's ready for battle.

"I haven't completed as much pre-season testing as I would have liked but I have a professional crew and great bikes. I will give it everything for my team and for the fans," said Nori, before warning: "Nobody has seen the best of Noriyuki Haga yet, but you are all about to!"

"We're coming to the World Championship with the youngest British rider and the leading Japanese rider," stated team owner Mark Griffiths, who is now taking personal charge of his BSB race winning team.

"We will be a very exciting team to watch and we are aiming to entertain. But above all, we are competing to win and we will provide every assistance imaginable to our riders to help them achieve this," he pledged.

GO HAGA!!!:thumbup

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
valerossi said:
I really hope Haga can win the Championship once! :yesnod
He already did, WSBK in 2000.:fact

His points should have never been taken away. There is absolutely no benefit from ephredrine as a motorcycle racer.

·
...Is just so addicted to R1..
902 Posts
wasn't he initially reported deceased from the crash? Just curious- I could have sworn I read that..

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scud said:
wasn't he initially reported deceased from the crash? Just curious- I could have sworn I read that..
:dunno Haga?? Don't think so. Do you have the right racer in mind? Are you thinking of Katoh at Suzuka?

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
r1-superstar said:
Thanks............Wasn't that R7 SEXY??!! :rock
Yeah man, that R7 is sweet! :yesnod

Attachments

1 - 20 of 85 Posts