Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not since the Zx7 has team green had something with so much potential as the ZX10...I think its going to be a good year for the green bikes on the track.

On the street it will remain as it always has with guys buying the fastest bike they can get their hands on and thinking it makes them fast.

My plan this year....to ride a lot and have fun. I hope to see the back of some of those ZX10s with some really good riders on them.

I also hope to show them the back of what ever it is I'm riding that day...:riding

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
It has been a long time since Kawi tried to make a competitive openclasser period. I know the zx9's were always fast bikes but never really caught on in AMA racing, the tried and true zx7 was a good bike back in the early 90's with scott russell aboard too, but until this year with all the hype over liter bikes they have been playing soft music in the background, not anymore, Kawi just cranked up some loud-azz head bangin in your face music with the zx 10 and now the playin field is all even. I think Kawi has done a great job with their latest liter bike combatant and should do really well this year in superstock. I still love my 99 R1 but boy, these new 04 bikes ROCK!!!!

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
mauibusa said:
not since the Zx7 has team green had something with so much potential as the ZX10...I think its going to be a good year for the green bikes on the track.

On the street it will remain as it always has with guys buying the fastest bike they can get their hands on and thinking it makes them fast.

My plan this year....to ride a lot and have fun. I hope to see the back of some of those ZX10s with some really good riders on them.

I also hope to show them the back of what ever it is I'm riding that day...:riding
Having only vacationed in Maui 1 time for a mere 4 days i can't see you having many twisty roads to play on but then i never made it around the entire island either.

I must say my 4 days was and is a lasting memory of Maui.......but i'll be back for a longer stay next time.

BD

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: the return of Kawasaki..

Big Daddy said:
Having only vacationed in Maui 1 time for a mere 4 days i can't see you having many twisty roads to play on but then i never made it around the entire island either.

I must say my 4 days was and is a lasting memory of Maui.......but i'll be back for a longer stay next time.

BD

sorry for the large size...

I've rode in california quite a bit... Palomar, latigo, mesa grande with the locals. When they have come here and I've taken them to this road they've all said the same thing....378 (crater road) is as close to race track riding as they've ever seen on the street...

heres one of the Rock store regulars:

me on the busa..

·
15,000 Feet and falling....
1,411 Posts
Holy shit that road is sweet!!! Wish we had something like that here in Toronto.

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
those pictures don't do that road a bit of justice either.

Big Daddy you must not have gone very far when you were here. While we don't have the shear size of the US mainland we do have some impressive "bumps" called volcanoes that raise up over 10,000' about sea level. The shot pictured is the steepest paved road in the US going from sea level to 10,000' Railing along about the clouds is cool, when its 50 degrees at 6000'. We also have the road to Hana which anyone who has ever survived that road will tell you its 50+ miles of the twistyist road you've ever seen. (twistyist, is that a real word?)

anyway if you ever get here again look me up and I'll show you the 99% of the island you must have missed...

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Yeah no doubt i missed much of the island, hence my desire to return. My 4 day experience was an eye opener i gotta admit what with such great tasting food, hospitality, service and of course the ever popular tropical feeling when i stepped outta the plane.

BD

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Maui, that looks like an AWESOME road!! :)

How heavily trafficked is it? Like too many cars, too many tourists....etc

Do u have lines of bikes running up it every Sunday morning like Palomar. Is it a BIG bike hangout. Really looks nice.

Tarl

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
mauibusa said:
those pictures don't do that road a bit of justice either.

Big Daddy you must not have gone very far when you were here. While we don't have the shear size of the US mainland we do have some impressive "bumps" called volcanoes that raise up over 10,000' about sea level. The shot pictured is the steepest paved road in the US going from sea level to 10,000' Railing along about the clouds is cool, when its 50 degrees at 6000'. We also have the road to Hana which anyone who has ever survived that road will tell you its 50+ miles of the twistyist road you've ever seen. (twistyist, is that a real word?)

anyway if you ever get here again look me up and I'll show you the 99% of the island you must have missed...
Ah yes, Haleakala Crater............Quickest acsend to 10k feet anywhere in the world. Heavily used by cars, tour companies w/mountain bikers downhilling, and COWS!!

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Re: Re: the return of Kawasaki..

Big Daddy said:

BD
Let's not forget Tantalus International Raceway on the island of Oahu. You been there MauiBusa?? There are about 100 turns or so. Oh yeah, and some moss, fallen mangoes, and lilikoi.

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:riding

you just need to know when to go is all. The road to hana is very ccrowded in the am, as is the crater road. after about 11am though it clears up plenty...

I was on the crater this morning and there wasn't hardly any one there at all...perfect.

Palomar is a lot tighter than the crater road is...the tight side anyway. Its like a mix of both sides of Palomar.

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: the return of Kawasaki..

r1-superstar said:
Let's not forget Tantalus International Raceway....

Tantalus International cop fest now...yes, been there.

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the return of Kawasaki..

r1-superstar said:
I used to ride there from 1990-2002. We owned that road. Cops, what cops?
last I heard the cars were racing up there and it freaked out the residents...cops stationed a car up there full time. Oahu is getting messed up right now with all the honda cars racing/crashing/killing people. Speeding laws are getting crazy now too.

when was the last time you had one of these?

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EliminatorR1 said:
Holy crap maui.... is that a KZ1000 beside your busa? Looks just like Eddie Lawson's bike :D. IS that the replica? Cuz I notice it have the S1 swing arm!!
thats my zrx1200...great bike, I give lessons on that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts