Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2009 R1 FTW
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way to do a wheelie i just got my r1 and would like to know how i had a cbr 600 and did some wheelies on it but just from riding the R1 i know that there is a hell of a lot more power and dont want kill myself :saw:

·
COD R1
119 Posts
Theres a whole thread section called stunters corner, check it out it theres a few threads on wheelying, how to do stand ups and whatnot...

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
G/L mang!

*Clutch it up in 2nd...Around 45-50 mph...(7-8K RPM Up to about 11K & Release)
Cover the rear break and Progress slowly!

Ride safe......Wear gear.....Dont try to save the Bike if it goes Bad! $.02

BTW i Wrecked my 07 wheeling , and it wasnt fun!

·
Bad Spellers...UNTIE!!
644 Posts
watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQC_amZRJg

same technique applies, but the R1 finds the bulk of its power at higher RPMs than the DRZ in the video.

I strongly recommend that you:

1) wear full gear

2) select a safe location (straight secluded road, no traffic, no cross traffic)

3) learn in slow methodical increments.
begin by simply trying to get the front end 1 inch of the ground. Repeat that until you can do it every time, then work your way up in slow increments.

4) ALWAYS cover your REAR brake.
Practice using it before you really "need" to, to learn how it effects your altitude.

please be safe.

·
Rebel w/ a Cause
21,153 Posts
watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQC_amZRJg

same technique applies, but the R1 finds the bulk of its power at higher RPMs than the DRZ in the video.

I strongly recommend that you:

1) wear full gear

2) select a safe location (straight secluded road, no traffic, no cross traffic)

3) learn in slow methodical increments.
begin by simply trying to get the front end 1 inch of the ground. Repeat that until you can do it every time, then work your way up in slow increments.

4) ALWAYS cover your REAR brake.
Practice using it before you really "need" to, to learn how it effects your altitude.

please be safe.
:iamwithst

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.