Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 1316 Posts

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
got it fired up tonight at first it smoked and wouldnt hold th idle or it would idle idle at 800 way to low but after like 15 mins it evened out ar 1,250 but i really want it to idle like that 2k.. this thing sounds SICK!!!! video coming tomorrow

·
Registered
321 Posts
got it fired up tonight at first it smoked and wouldnt hold th idle or it would idle idle at 800 way to low but after like 15 mins it evened out ar 1,250 but i really want it to idle like that 2k.. this thing sounds SICK!!!! video coming tomorrow
Most likely you have to adjust the fuel in the ECU.
I had the same problem and had to lean it out.
(I went down -15% @1000 RPM and 0% TP)

Do you use PowerCommander 2 or similar product?
It would be very useful to get the AFR/Lambda value, if you have access to a dyno you can fine tune the fuel on dyno.

Edit: You can also adjust the idle with the "Comp. IDL" parameter in the ECU.

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
i idles fine now but i just want to raise it to 2.000 it just sounds crazy at 2k, im at work so like at 12 noon i go work on it again. and the CBR 1000 radiator is holding up fine but i do plan in changing it sometime next week for a superbike one... and i bought a 1.8 bar radiator cap on ebay and check out the box i was like WTF!

·
look for special phrase here
9,923 Posts
Was gonna ask if you really started that brand new motor up w/out an exhaust :scared What a great way to ruin the motor :shake I forgot you had the graves low mount :lol

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
HERE IS THE VIDEO AS PROMISED... but i most say it is like 80% louder LIVE then in this video... more vids coming...
and i want to take a chance to thank alot of of you guys for your support
thank yo
BSR for making the head and having the time to make this posible
also thanks for his ADVISE.. TIM RADLEY i see now why hes the best in the entire world
also to Liam AND Ozzian for the the support on the YEC
also pete baley not sure if i got it right for the parts
Skip at graves motorsport
steve (sspilot) for the ecu and parts
and green for the support
and all of you that helped... well im hoping to ride her today just need to fix a leack in the manual chain tensioner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65o8mabmrKw&feature=youtu.be

·
Keep it between the hedges!
1,758 Posts
HERE IS THE VIDEO AS PROMISED... but i most say it is like 80% louder LIVE then in this video... more vids coming...
and i want to take a chance to thank alot of of you guys for your support
thank yo
BSR for making the head and having the time to make this posible
also thanks for his ADVISE.. TIM RADLEY i see now why hes the best in the entire world
also to Liam AND Ozzian for the the support on the YEC
also pete baley not sure if i got it right for the parts
Skip at graves motorsport
steve (sspilot) for the ecu and parts
and green for the support
and all of you that helped... well im hoping to ride her today just need to fix a leack in the manual chain tensioner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65o8mabmrKw&feature=youtu.be
Now you've gone and embarrased me :blush

I'm the one who should be thanking you, for allowing me to learn from both you and the massive project that you undertook...Thanks :thumbup

Now SMOKE those guys on race day!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
GREAT! :)

How much did you grind/shimmed the cylinder head and what base and cylinder gasket did you use?

·
burnin' up the streets
8,786 Posts
AWESOME JOB!!!

Sounds great!
Looks like the throttle response is not too good.
Once you synchronize the throttle bodies and get a dyno map made it should be way better.

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
AWESOME JOB!!!

Sounds great!
Looks like the throttle response is not too good.
Once you synchronize the throttle bodies and get a dyno map made it should be way better.
no actualy ITS FASTER THAN THE VIDEO CAN CAPTURE i just saw the video and looks like its not too good but this thing is glitchy as a motherfu*ker i went into the YEC software and charge the idle and now it super fast response tomorrow mourning dyno tonigh i will ride it

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
:lhumper: well im back from my ride im mapping with auto-tuner at 13.2 just to ride it tomorrow it goes to the dyno and friday they map it all day but this ride right now OMFG!!! i dont know what i got my self into this is like riding but naked a 15,000 hp TANK on the tip of the barrow.. brb i need to go clean my pants... one word WOWWWWWWWWWW! i didnt have the balls to go 100% gas this shit just halls asssssssssss quick shifter runs perfect, pit limiter also... only thing is with yec ecu no speed read out but who cares and the fans come on at 105 and th eover heating lights also but thats at 105 most it goes it 111 i dont know if that over heating or not and while riding it rides at 75
update: and i think im not going to be alowed in my neighbor hood any more i set of like 39203920 car alarms

201 - 220 of 1316 Posts