Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

281 - 300 of 1316 Posts

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
2nd place and they stoped the race and didnt let me out from the line i had to out from PITS after EVERYONE FINISHED the turn then they let me go and still second place the bike like i said im running 16-47 on 520 on a ciruit thats 2.2 kilometers dude it was a battle with the bike i some places i had to put first gear to be able to pull i need to change gearing and learn how to drive i used my street crazy skills on there today

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
getting ready

AFTER THE CRASH IN PITS WAITING FOR THEN TO LET ME BACK IN

crash and still going baby

how LOW i rode those 16.5's
and here is the freacking track qith 16-45 it was HELL
where the green x is, is wherei crashed because the first place guy whos bad ass was JUST in my way lol EVERYONE TOLD ME RIDE 80% i was like 110% crashed the shit but o well had fun

·
Love that Crossplane...
1,397 Posts
Congrats man! Glad you had a fun time, but your bike makes me sad looking at it all tore up. Hope it's just cosmetic and there's no serious damage. :thumbup

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Congrats man! Glad you had a fun time, but your bike makes me sad looking at it all tore up. Hope it's just cosmetic and there's no serious damage. :thumbup
only race fairing damage and a scratched wood craft sator cap... time for the YEC c.f looking one.. then when i race i slap on the banged up shit

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #287 (Edited)
this is how low i was going on the turn i crashed
update: now looking at the pics and stuff (i have to buy them but i already looked at them the ones from the crash) i see that that left foot pegs hit the ground and that was what brought me down

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting thread. Beautiful bike as well. I'd be interested in seeing final numbers and maybe a breakdown of all that you did and gains. Looking to do some mild engine work and the resources in this thread are priceless. Can someone explain though why is it so difficult to get solid gains all the way thru on the 09-12 models? Or am I missing something??? I heard someone say cams and valve seating??? I have a '11 and wish it had the top-end of my '05 but wanna keep the low to mid grunt I have. OP, not trying to thread-jack but I'm sure alot of folks looking at your project for answers..... Again, great thread.

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Interesting thread. Beautiful bike as well. I'd be interested in seeing final numbers and maybe a breakdown of all that you did and gains. Looking to do some mild engine work and the resources in this thread are priceless. Can someone explain though why is it so difficult to get solid gains all the way thru on the 09-12 models? Or am I missing something??? I heard someone say cams and valve seating??? I have a '11 and wish it had the top-end of my '05 but wanna keep the low to mid grunt I have. OP, not trying to thread-jack but I'm sure alot of folks looking at your project for answers..... Again, great thread.
welcome... feel free to get any info in my thread im open to all kinds of discusions on my thread and its so that we all learn. not just about MY BIKE.. i love learning so feel free to do as you wish here

·
Keep it between the hedges!
1,758 Posts
Man, that's awsome!!! You just overcooked it in the bend....that won't happen next time.
It's hard to see through the red mist.....calm, cool and collected...slow in to the bend, fast out of it :thumbup

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Man, that's awsome!!! You just overcooked it in the bend....that won't happen next time.
It's hard to see through the red mist.....calm, cool and collected...slow in to the bend, fast out of it :thumbup
if you look closely the back is sliding :) liam did you look at the map i sent you so you can convert it to YEC??

·
Keep it between the hedges!
1,758 Posts
if you look closely the back is sliding :) liam did you look at the map i sent you so you can convert it to YEC??
Sliding rear? I can't find the vid. link....or do you mean looking at the pictures?
em...no I didn't get the map, I'll PM my email address.

The problem is two fold...

1) I don't know what type of fuel module you're running.

2) The conversion formula (as discussed on the thread) isn't a 100% straight forward solution, or hasn't been proven to be, yet!

There are lots of things that we would have to agree on, like Brake Points on the YEC maps x/y axis etc. I cannot guarantee that the map will convert to give you a reasonable outcome, what I mean is, the resulting YEC map might be flawed.

The best advice I can give you is to build a custom YEC map on the dyno and then adjust/fine tune with a Self-Mapper/Auto Tune.

However if you wish to try the conversion formula yourself...well that's different. You'll be able to create your own maps and test the outcomes first hand....it's a learning curve for sure....

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #295

ok i dont know wtf is going on in this country now we used a car dyno 2 rollers on the front and one very large wide roller in that back wich is the ones we used and marcks 162.. i will grab my friends r1 to see wtf is happening at the first dyno it was 205 LOLLLL
TIM i sent you on email the winpep files these guys could not get rpm not even from the coils it just wouldnt read first it was fine reading then when we went to start the runs it stoped working

·
Love that Crossplane...
1,397 Posts
only race fairing damage and a scratched wood craft sator cap... time for the YEC c.f looking one.. then when i race i slap on the banged up shit
Good stuff brotha! :boobies Congrats again on your finish as well as that beast!!:fact

·
Banned
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
ok the #22 is the guy in first place i tryed to pass him on the outside really hard

head first

i couldnt even breath im winping to the guy GET ME BACK ON MY BIKE AND PUSH ME PLEASE TO START IT UP

here i go
woot after 3 laps guess whos back... 22 is the leader jeje

excuse me

ride hard die slow

·
Taking my bike test soon :)
1,763 Posts

ok i dont know wtf is going on in this country now we used a car dyno 2 rollers on the front and one very large wide roller in that back wich is the ones we used and marcks 162.. i will grab my friends r1 to see wtf is happening at the first dyno it was 205 LOLLLL
TIM i sent you on email the winpep files these guys could not get rpm not even from the coils it just wouldnt read first it was fine reading then when we went to start the runs it stoped working
Ok i have the files and am viewing them in winpep.
The traces look fine it is a shame you do not have rpm. I have exported the data to excel and can scale up rpm and overlay with a stock bike.
BUT
One thing i see is the air pressure is very very low. Is the dyno located at 3,000 feet altitude? If it is at sea level then you are only making 142bhp.
The dynojet figure is correct because it is an inertia test so no bad calculated or estimated horsepower like the last dyno. Is this a dynojet car dyno did you say?
Also you need to know gearing. If you run another r1 on the dyno then use the same wheel, tyre, gearing or the graph won't overlay on mph speed.
What gear did they run in? They should use 5th gear.
What tyres are you running? What pressure?

·
Taking my bike test soon :)
1,763 Posts
Oh and did i say earlier, these engines are very hard to tune ;)

281 - 300 of 1316 Posts