Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the ZX10 landed in stores in FL last Thursday/Friday.

Where is all the "Kawi Lovers"???
I thought for sure they would have posted something by now...

Hell, R1 riders where dyno'ing theirs' right from the f***ing crate:lol

Com'on guys, show us what your working with...:finger

I believe a friend of mine picked his up Friday (3-5-04). I have'nt been able to get a hold of him yet, but when I do it's on Like Donkey Kong...:yesnod

(Thats if I can shift with ou my foot killing me:lol)

·
Faw Q, Pay me!
3,843 Posts
That has to be the only 10r in the states. I have not know of any other dealer to get them. Kaw fans will be out soon.

·
My R1 Ate your R1
1,020 Posts
Nope clover, theres a few. In fact theres some pics on this very forums. My local dealer has an R1 in and expects their first 10r this or next week.

Hide

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I asked the attack guys what kind of hp the superstock bike had.He just smiled.I said over 170?? he laughed....over 180?? He smiled bigger....

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
I saw a '04 Kaw ZX-10 roll into the Hess Station Friday night at
Daytona. The guy had just bought it and had 80 miles on it.
While at the Daytona 200 we went to all the dealer tents and
sat on all the new '04 liter bikes. The Honda 1000RR felt a little
on the heavy side to me. The R1 felt much lighter than the honda.
Now, when I sat on the '04 ZX-10 I about pissed my pants. I
could not even believe how light this bike is. So much lighter than
the other ones. That solid black with the gold forks and the wave
rotors look killer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
your asking where the kawi fans are on a yamaha website:dunno
look on a kawi forum:2bitchsla

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the look of the all black kawi with gold trim. Damm! i cant make my mind up R1 or ZX10??? One thing that concerns me about the R1 is that big dip in the power band, were as the kawi is nice and smooth all the way thru...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Orange kawi for me! I ordered one last week. They said end of april or may. No big deal the gixx thou will hold the r1's at bay till my kawi shows!!! LOL By the way the new r1 better be alot faster I have a friend with a 03 R1 and I spank him all the time. even switch bikes and he spanks me on the gixxer. Yamaha better do something besides look good.

·
Moving Chicane
782 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
I asked the attack guys what kind of hp the superstock bike had.He just smiled.I said over 170?? he laughed....over 180?? He smiled bigger....
I wouldn't doubt that. That's only 20 more poneis than stock before they get to add a pipe and stretcht the rules as thin as possible. Easy for these guys.

But at the same time, they also sidelined the bike with a 'tick' from the motor (after they went back out from the blowed up wheel). I like Richard and his guys, but they really need to work on reliability. I can't even remember many times did they DNF's the zook with bad prep or engine building when no one else was running into that kind of problem.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Big Daddy said:
C-mon over you'll be glad ya did.;)

BD
Yes , you guys can enjoy lunch together while your trannys are getting serviced................:) ...................just kidding.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Lello said:
Yes , you guys can enjoy lunch together while your trannys are getting serviced................:) ...................just kidding.
Nothin a little 10min overhaul won't fix.:crash

BD

1 - 20 of 40 Posts