rice, then come out and go back home to
get a pen and call the cops.....

I rush back and and right down the rego
and then take a seat on the nearby
bench... waiting to see who comes out.
I was thinking that some poor sod has
brought the pipe not knowing that it was
stolen and that he would be able help the
cops when they arrive find the thief.....

While I was sitting down I sent my
Girlfriend down to the 7-11 to get a
camera so we could get the evidence on
film. Well she comes back, I take a few
photos showing the distinctive scratches
and the botch job he has done to fit it to
the standard connecting pipe.

Anyway as I am talking to one of the guys
from the nearby restaurant (to see if he
has seen who was riding the bike), I turn
around and see the dumb **** who stole
my pipe appear from inside one of the
restaurants, I start to take a couple of pics
of him and he sees me and says:

"TAKE MY PHOTO AND I WILL KICK
YOUR DOOR IN"

So I take his photo and he quickly rides
off down the road.

Now before there are a heap of posts
saying that I should have taken out my
shotgun and..... I was thinking of the
damage he could have done to my bike
which was still parked out side and the
damage he could have done to my self
and my GF. (far more than the pipe is
actually worth ) and the cops were
supposedly on their way.

anyway as I get home the cops ring
asking for directions....... typical..

So end result is I have this **** on film
with my property and I have a photo of his
face.

The cops ring me today after they have
run the plate and you guessed it it came
up stolen, turns out this fukka has run
from the cops on a couple of times in the
last week. So now they are out looking for
him in force....

So if any one see's the guy or bike in the
attached photos could the call the Carlton
police station on 9347 1377,

thanks to all

·
C ya on the twisties...
274 Posts
Good Luck catching the bastard...:mad:

That was good thinking grabbing a cam and getting the snapshots. Confronting him would have been a bad idea. The punk could have had a gun, or something putting you and your girlfriend at risk.

·
Extreme R1's at www.yzfr1.net
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pipe

Hi Guys

thanks for the replys

The Pipe is the only thing that is mine, but i suspect the bike in the pics is some other poor guys that this bastard has stolen.

I know that the plate is only 3 months old as that is when that serios of numbers started to be given out, my guess is that the pipe belongs to the bike as i don't think ths wanka would be smart enough to think of stealing a different one.

The thought did cross my mind that this guuy could try and sue me but i rekon the courts over here would still be able to recognise the facts in this case. I know that judge judy would....

anyway if i see the bike again i am going to put my disk lock on it and call the cops.

cheers

russ

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Oh man rus. That guy doesn't look healthy. Be aware of him. Looks like them gang dudes. You never know if this guy has a weapon or a darn djungle knife (those big ones) with him everywhere he goes. :confused:

Good thinking on every part. Don't try to beat him.. rest assured that law will take care of him. Apparently the cops know him. and if they do get his ass he will prolly rest behind bars for some time to come.

hehe! A disc look would do the job.. but don't be anywhere near HIM then.. he might just turn violent on you or/and your gf.

·
Registered
313 Posts
screw that guy, ive had a bike stolen, if that were me and i saw him with my pipe and i was sure its mine. i would have bought an adjustable wrence instead of a camara an took it right off. teach him. he wouldnt have tryed anything, look at all the people around. think about how dunb he would have felt.

sorry to say, but as a law student for 3 years now, i can tell you that posting those pictures of him with his plate exposed like that is unlawfull. There is is not profe beyond a resonable doubt that the pipe is actually yours.Even thow im sure you know its yours, the courts would not recognize that a few scratches that YOU say were on your pipe are now on his pie hes got on his bike. now , is there a serial # on the pipe, cause if there was, now your in business, but you would need your receipts for the pipe showing your purchase.

if this guy caught wind of this website you could probably sue you for ruining his (good) character. Even thow we know he is a PRICK, and would love to beat him. That is funny thought i think that you put this assholes picture right on here. he looks like total white trash. i hope you get your pipe back. keep posting.:rock

·
I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
juttsr1-
I'm a little confused by your post. You say you have 3 years of law school yet the advice your giving is incorrect. Taking a picture in a public place is perfectly legal, number plate showing or not, the guy would have no grounds to sue. You also said that you would go up and pull the pipe off the bike in full view of the public. Then you go on to say that unless you can prove the pipe is yours beyond a reasonable doubt then the courts would not recognize it as being yours. So in effect YOU would now be the thief by taking the pipe off the bike, and think how dumb YOU would feel when the cops hauled YOU off to jail.

Rus, good luck getting the pipe back. Brilliant idea snapping photos like that. My wife is an attorney and said the photos were great, would definitely help in a court of law, at least here in the states. Good luck and keep us posted.

P.J.

·
Farkin' hero blobs!
1,272 Posts
Jeez man...

Its like from the show N.Y.P.D. Incredible that you got those pics, and hope everything will be alright.
I just HATE that kind of people and hope its his third fellony. ( you know what I mean)

:mad: And I have to second when the other guys say - that dumb f*ck! :machinegu

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
106 Posts
True

True pjf02
if you can't proof it then forget about it. i feel sorry for you man but what can you do nothing. what swedie saying is right the guy look unhealthy crazy or someting so just forget about it and let the law bring your pipe back

·
Registered
313 Posts
pjf

hey whats up, im well aware of what the law says. I never said i was an angel. yes, taking the pipe back would be illegal. :yesnod . And everyone has the right to take photographs of the public. But, to take photos of someone and make incriminating remarks about them is not. Thats violating someones judge of charachter.

and aslo pjf, can you point me to the statute that explains its against the law to steal your own property. because i dont remember seeing that one.:no

:butt :butt

·
I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
juttsr1-
Sorry to upset you, didn't mean to.:error But you did say that without proving beyond reasonable doubt that the pipe was yours that you wouldn't have a case. So, since the pipe is now on another bike and it would be very difficult to prove who owns it without a serial number then how would you prove it was your pipe that you were "stealing"?

P.J.

·
Registered
777 Posts
too bad you didn't have a krytpo lock with you.. You could have locked the back brake or rim up and watched from a distance as he went to take off! :D :D :D

With his sleeveless shirt on it would have caused a bit of burn ;) as he probably would have dumped the bike.

You already got a new pipe so who cares... also even if it wasn't the theif - it serves the guy right who bought stolen property!!! :D

:bs

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Guys

I have definative proof that this is my pipe i have a phot from a year ago showing the scratches and it has a date from the phto lab on the back, and then i have the photo's i took the other day.

The cops have said the two sets of photos are proff enough that it is mine and i have nothing to worry about on that score.

I would have though of some way of keeping the bike thier if i had known that the guy who took my pipe was actually riding it. I was thinking that it was someone else.

I think i was lucky to get the picks of him as he was only their for a few sconds be fore he sped off.

anyway i am hopefull the the cops get him as he does not seem to smart, there fore will be out riding around again next weekend.....

thnks all

cheers

russ

·
Premium Member
27,468 Posts
Just some useless info for you guys. I had my '00 R1 stolen in Chandler, AZ last September. Police found it about 3 wks ago...well the frame that is. Insurance paid off the rest of my loan and now I'm taking out a new loan for the '02

·
Never lets the R1 sit around
43 Posts
Man that guy doesn't even look like a rider. Damn dorky looking MF. I hope one day he eats it while wearing the tangtop and warm up pants, but hope that all the damage will be on the side the pipes not on. He should not go unpunished. Karma will get him eventually.

·
Steeringdamper?? I´m strong...
123 Posts
If that piece of s**t was sitting on a bike with my Akra
I would have fed him with his own warm up pants.

Jeeesus, just look at him.......

Sorry all, just the caveman in me

:mad:

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Guys

I thought i had posted about this before but...

The guy in the photo was in a scuffle with police a week after that shot was taken...The cops were going to question him about the stolen bike and pipe...He was at the same restaurant, they approached.. he tried to run...they were wrestling him to the ground...he got one of their guns and shot one of the cops in the arm...he runs away with gun...steals another bike to get away...

He was on the run for about two weeks before they caught him ... he is now in jail awaiting trial, he will propably be inside for a few years... he is wanted on other stuff interstate as well.

In short i am happy that i did not try to take it further .

I have my pipe back now.

cheers

Russ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts