Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a leftover, zero mile 2016 R1 a couple weeks ago, got just over 200 miles on her now. Starting this thread as a place to document my progress as I start making her my own.

And my first mod... one of the most crucial for the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Graves 3/4 exhaust installed the other day. Took it for a quick ride because I had to hear it (my first crossplane, don’t judge me). Block off plates came in today, got those installed. Just waiting on air filter and Translogic Blip Assist to come in so I can install them, put the bike back together and take it to the dyno in preparation for my track day weekend at COTA at the end of May.

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Graves Block off plates, Sprint air filter, and Translogic Blip Assist installed. Heading to the dyno Thursday for a tune.

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lov it Bro. Really interested in how she dynos out.

I’ll post the graphs. I’m not concerned about squeezing peak power out of it or anything like that. It’s always faster than I ever will be Hahaha. I just want it to be smooth and running perfectly.

·
Not an R7, next best thing!!
221 Posts
I feel the same way. These bikes have so much that I double many can get all they have out of them. I just got done rebuilding mine because I had a spun bearing in #1 (with only 4270 miles). It has not detoured me from loving everything about this bike, and I figured I just had some bad luck. The good lord has blessed my life so him throwing me a wrench or two is no big deal. I looked at it like what a great experience he has presented me, as I had never rebuilt an engine before. I just fired her up this past weekend and she is back on the road. Be good bro.

·
2016 R1
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike made 186hp and 81tq. What I’m much more happy with is how smooth it is. No more choppy throttle, power delivery is like butter. Very happy with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts