Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
R1 Grand Master
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....in a mans life where he has to make a decision not for self but for a better life for his family. That time has come for me - I'm selling my 02.

Why? I live in one of the most expensive areas of the country. Even though I make good money I can only afford a small 35 yr old home and live paycheck to paycheck. I was just presented with an opportunity with my employer on the east coast. There I will be able to buy three times the home, pay off debt and still keep my CA home as an investment property......I'm going; but I will not be riding. Selling the bike to help towards a down payment on a house.

As a man that wants to do the right thing and create a better life for his own family than he had....I'm proud. As a riding enthusiast and loyal fan of the R1.....I'm sad. The wife and I have agreed that once we're out of debt and things are better I can get another but that could be 2 - 5yrs, maybe more.

Why am I telling you all this? I had to talk about it in order to feel better. It's like an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

Hi, my name is sensei and I'm an R1 addict. Peace mang.

·
Double Trouble
247 Posts
Aint nothing wrong with moving on in life to better yourself. If I was in the same situation I'd do the same thing. I'd miss riding like crazy everytime I saw someone on bike but if I knew if was for the better I'd be okay with it.

I got great respect for you and your decision.

·
Formley known as slutty
5,175 Posts
everything happens for a reason besides by 2007 the r1 will be so bad ass it will make you forget all about the 02 you once owned..... major props to you for kicking yourself in the ass and outting the family first. you have earned the right to be called father and husband a goal alot of people feel they meet but never do.

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
MOVE!

Just kidding, Go where your heart tells you. I would do anything for my family to make them comfortable, they are more important than my needs.

·
go, going, gone
386 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. You have all your life left to get a motorcycle, even if it is 2-5 years from now. PLus its better that you have a financial security for your family. then to get to ride you bike once a day.

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,530 Posts
were abouts on the east coast?

·
Big Pimpin'
190 Posts
Sounds like a no brainer. Maybe by next summer you can pick up a beater bike. At least it would be something to ride.

Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts