Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my R1 for about a month now and only have time for Canyon Riding up Angeles Crest here in L.A.

Well the first time I went up all these bikes were giving me the :thumbup as there going the other way. I just thought they were like "hey a another rider, cool or something like that".

Well today I figured out that it means that theres no cops in front of me so it's ok to get on the throttle. So I started doing the same.

Most people probably know this but I didn't, so I thought I'd pass that on.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Now, keep a eye out for those guys tapping the top of their
helmet. If they do that it means the man is just up in front of
you somewhere. Ride safe and enjoy the R1.

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skeeter said:
Now, keep a eye out for those guys tapping the top of their
helmet. If they do that it means the man is just up in front of
you somewhere. Ride safe and enjoy the R1.
Damn I didn't know that, thanks bro.

I'd love to hear any other tips or hand signals that people might use.

I know what the bird is use for. :finger

·
i dont ride fast, i fly low
1,642 Posts
i didnt know that either, good to know, i plan on taking my bike home with me to l.a. this coming summer cuz there is no cool places to ride in oklahoma like there is in l.a. maybe we can go riding.

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
caliboy02r1 said:
i didnt know that either, good to know, i plan on taking my bike home with me to l.a. this coming summer cuz there is no cool places to ride in oklahoma like there is in l.a. maybe we can go riding.
Talimena Senic overpass is about 2 hours SE of you and very fun to ride. If you head about 2.5 hours east into Arkansas there are roads that have to be equivilant or BETTER than roads in cali. New surfaces, banked turns, no traffic, miles and miles of twisties. If you ever do make it into Arkansas, you need to ride HWY: 341, 123, 14, 16 and others. Awesome roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts