Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2525 Posts

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

This thread is for those who ask the eternal question - "How about R1 as my first bike?".
The question comes in several variations, and I tried to find the relevant threads to answer these variations of the question.

This is a collection of the best threads on the subject, presenting different opinions. I hope it'll save a lot of time and unnecessary questions.

Interesting discussions:
Who started out on an r1
new bike
R1 as a first bike?'

If you're thinking about buying an R1 and have no prior experience with bikes, these threads are for you to read carefully:
!st bike
Newbie with a few 2004 R1 questions
Few R1 questions (newbie)
My R1 First Bike Story… long, but please read
Girlfriend wants R1
R6 or R1
New Guy!
Is the R1 a good choice for a first bike?
I'm going to get a 04 R1 for my first bike that i can actually take on the street!
First bike recommendations ? R6...R1 ?
Noob
1st Bike...

If you're thinking about buying an R1 and have some dirt/other background, these threads might answer your questions:
New to R1s; Need advice on First Bike
Should I buy a new R1
My first R1 (first Liter Bike)

I hope the information will prove useful.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is why insurance rates are high. Rich kids have daddy go buy them the latest and greatest for their first bike and whammo! faster than wacko jacko can hit on a 10 year old they bin it. I think the US should do what England does, make people work their way up to a liter bike. I think its like 250 cc they have to ride for year, then 600, etc. Would help us out!

·
I'ma PEEYump B-Yatch
76 Posts
ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVICABLY(?) NO F*UCKING WAY---------------------

--------------DON'T DO IT!!! (M.S.F. OR NOT!!!----------------

(I know one idiot is gonna our read our posts and deduce that they should get something a bit slower ....like a Gsxr-1000:scared instead )

When I took my R6 off the lot I was so scared I completely fogged my windshield:lol ( It was 75 degrees and SUNNY:fact :lol .

·
Registered
497 Posts
This is a good start to a reference thread for newbies and wantabies (as in want an R1 as first bike)

·
Bike No. 86
7,444 Posts
M.S.F. lol yeah like that will get u ready 4 an R1....

SQUIDS buy big bikes wif daddy's $$$$ so they can kill em selves faster than buying drugs... I say let it happen, let the chips fall where they may.

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
Ronin R1 said:
About time we had a sticky for this question
:iamwithst

Let's just hope all adhere. But you know people will be hard headed and get what they want anyhow. Sooo many times I see someone get a bike they can't handle, get their @** whipped by it (a lot of times hurt really bad) and then say "I'm never getting on a motorcycle again"! :2bitchsla Makes you want to choke'm

·
on the 7th day, he made the R1
500 Posts
:bash

R1= $10,500

Permit/ licence/ Insurance Fees = +/- $500

Proving Darwin's therory of evolution, PRICELESS

it's all in how you look at it ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
This thread will clear up most of the questions from all of the newbies.
Glad to see it all in one central location for all to view. Jack, nice job on
doing the research.

·
`Life's Short, F uck Hard`
664 Posts
im buying a R6 for my first sportbike, but at least ive had some riding experiance. unlike some kids that see biker boyz and decide they need a turbo busa with nawwwsssssssssssss. but like i always say **** those kids. im buying this bike all by myself and daddy has nothing to do with my bike.

sorry had to get that off of my chest
Damn i hate rich dumb kids

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,273 Posts
Darkangel said:
:iamwithst

Let's just hope all adhere. But you know people will be hard headed and get what they want anyhow. Sooo many times I see someone get a bike they can't handle, get their @** whipped by it (a lot of times hurt really bad) and then say "I'm never getting on a motorcycle again"! :2bitchsla Makes you want to choke'm
:iamwithst If they would've started on a smaller bike, they might've progressed to bigger and better and stayed with it.
Oh well........

·
Broke OUTTA Jail
5,070 Posts
Skeeter said:
This thread will clear up most of the questions from all of the newbies.
Glad to see it all in one central location for all to view. Jack, nice job on
doing the research.
:iamwithst :hellobye

1 - 20 of 2525 Posts