Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· 1~MAN~1~WONDER
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing quite a few guys using track plastics for street use. I love the R1 in its track cloths, so i figure why not? I was wondering if anyone can recommend a head light. I know ppg makes a single head light set up, but is way over prices. I see guys just mount lights under the air ducts. I mean unless someone can recommend a cheaper alternative to ppgs. Tail lights at simple to do.

Also, post pics of street bikes in track form!!!!!!!!!!!!

· No doot aboot it eh?
1,542 Posts
Try Catalyst maybe to see if you can get a front fairing with just one headlight cut out? That way you could use a stock one. I like the single headlight look as well.

· My R1 eats others.
326 Posts
I recommend catalyst racing composites with the head light cutouts. I have been running them for over a year now and it is great. You get the benefits of track plastic but retain your headlights for night time. I wired my turn signals into the running lights on the outside and put in yellow bulbs. I also don't run the mirrors anymore it looks better without them and MS state law doesnt specify that bikes need mirrors.

Attachments

· still miss u brotha
652 Posts
i use mine w/race plastics but when in street, i put d stock tail & leave the rest.i got a small afmarket kind of small fog light & set it on my air duck, works fine.unbolt 6 + 4 wires & back to raceskins.........

· I lead...you follow...
1,856 Posts
I mean unless someone can recommend a cheaper alternative to ppgs.

Duct tape a mag light under your upper fairing?:snorkel Would just have to change the batteries every now then.:sneaky

· AFTERHELLBURNER
1,729 Posts
I'm getting ready to do the same thing with a 00-01 R1 modeled after firehawks. I just ordered a cleverwolf endurance light this week hopefuly it will get here in less than a month. OPP sells a endurance light also that was one of my other options, either way getting rid of the overly complicated stock fairings is a good thing

</IMG>

· 1~MAN~1~WONDER
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont see the point going to use buying track plastics if you going to have both head lights and passenger seat. Stock looks better with that set up imho. I may just go the the single head light route and fab up some small red L.E.D.S in the rear.

· My R1 eats others.
326 Posts
I dont see the point going to use buying track plastics if you going to have both head lights and passenger seat. Stock looks better with that set up imho. I may just go the the single head light route and fab up some small red L.E.D.S in the rear.

The point is, easy track set up and still have a street legal bike. I would swap the tail but I use the trunk and helmet locking quiet a bit.

You asked for opinions you should have been more specific on what you were looking for.

· 1~MAN~1~WONDER
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks like the bike just saw a ghost lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.