Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta Blue 03 and was thinking of removing the decals. Has anyone done this and if so do you have any pics? Grassyass!:riding

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
I dunno if I would on the '03. They look good on the '03. The '02 had the big graphics that didn't look as good.

·
South Side Hitmen
2,214 Posts
I did it to mine.....I will post pics later if no one has already. I have to yank the clutch from the Busa right now

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pic. Ever think of taking the front decals off? I took the ones off the rear seat. I really like the look of the rear w/out the R1 badge. BTW...nice seat. How did you get the pipe black? I've got the Akra. full sys. Can I get mine black?

·
2 wheels are better than 4.
1,548 Posts
Mine is an '02 but it should give you the general idea.

I still think this is when my bike looked the best but I needed to something with the mid fairings because of those damn tank graphics :lol .

Attachments

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
hey Liv2ride.. you going to polish the lip on that from rim too???

looks good...

IXI

·
2 wheels are better than 4.
1,548 Posts
Actually I just did that the other day :fact . I have yet to take pictures though because I need to work on it a little more. It is pretty funny, about the front wheel, I was having a few :beer 's and discovered that some of the paint remover got under the masking tape. This happened on the rear wheel as well but I just used touch up paint to fix it. Since I was a few beers into the night I said ***** it and ripped the tape off and spread the paint remover all over the wheel, spokes and hub included :lol . I definitely did not know hard much harder that was but now I do :rant . I am thinking about putting the stock mid graphics back on and powder coating the wheels white.

Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Liv,

I saw your bike yesterday at Campbells. Nice bike and very standups.

I want to do that, however, Im afraid of the gooey mess underneath. I took off the exup and deltabox decals, and used bug/tar remover, didnt remove the mess entirely. Theres still adhesive tracing left behind. If I would do the larger white ones, whooo boy, what a mess. What did you use to get the glue off?

LMK.

Also, how come you whore up the r1 forums, but you hardly go on the speedhawaii sport bike forums? We had a small FH cruise, met up at campbells saw your bike and instanty recognized the graphics. What's this I hear about a girl getting packed eating it? Mustve happened right after I left for work.

-whorr

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
I reckon the 03 looks sweet with the decals it has on it..unlike us guys with 02's who have those big ugly white one's on the side-but they're coming off as soon as Im finished on the net:rock

Cheers.

:boom

·
SPIDEY's BACK!
132 Posts
Liv2Ride said:
I am thinking about putting the stock mid graphics back on and powder coating the wheels white.

Thanks for the compliment.
Wow! Who did those graphics? I think that looks really sweet! I would say, screw the white wheels and go a gun metal grey! Black tires with grey rims+ black graphics with grey trim........:yesnod :thumbup :sneaky :riding

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
I think it looks real good minus the decals too bad the ones on the tank are cleared in!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts