Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so recently i went down on the bike (2004 r1) and ive getting to the point of having everything fixed it was mostly on the right side. One of the things that broke was the kill switch/ start button. I was about to order one then I thought well maybe i could do something different. So this is not something needed or probably not worth the time but I think it could be cool and its a bike and i spend way to much money on other bike parts so why not. I really like the design of the fz09 or even better the 2015+ r1 kill switch with the integrated start button. I could get a fz 09 one for cheaper than the 2015+ one but either way do they wire up the same way as any other starter switch/ kill switch or do they have different designs. I cant really find anything on wiring diagrams for either of them. Also the mode button would obviously be obsolete on a 04 r1 but if i decide to add something that needs a button I could wire it up to that mode button. What do you guys think. Is it a waste of time.... probably. Would it be cool... in my opinion why not?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
try it and let us know how it goes! If the mode button was a momentary switch maybe you could use it as a garage opener? I wired one up to a momentary switch and installed it in a sleek way and loved it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts