Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy wrecks his bike doing around 100 MPH on the highway. The only thing between him and the road is a cotton t shirt. I am posting this because I noticed a few guys riding today with just a t shirt or sweatshirt on.

Warning there are some pics that show what the meaning of road rash really is.

http://www.cmyoung.com/bikewreck.html

WEAR THAT GEAR THATS WHY THEY MAKE THE STUFF!!!!!!!!!

· I'm out ridin
1,020 Posts
:scared Thats why I keep the leather jacket on as much as possible. I am ready to go get the pants and shoes. Thank GOD he is still alive. I saw this guy the other night with shortsleve tee,shorts and Flipflops hittin' a whillie. Crazy

· WHEELIE KING-girls luvmyweiner
4,343 Posts
damn I bet that is painful, I've had some minor rash but nothing like that, luckily he's still alive

· aNgEl HaIr
123 Posts
sux that it takes a crash like that to make people realize that you can't plan when you are gonna go down and its not worth the risk to take a 'quick spin' around the block...doesn't happen...how many quick spins turn into hour long rides or longer.....i am noid with jacket gloves boots(steel toe) and jeans..when i ride to work....gotta have the leather pants on and riding boots also to put my mind as close to being at ease as possible....glad he made it through to share the story....he forgot to mention its better to slide than to bounce......

· Off Topic mod
12,022 Posts
I have seen that a while back but I see that he has updates on his condition...

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
01R1RIDA said:
I saw this guy the other night with shortsleve tee,shorts and Flipflops hittin' a whillie.
you'll see that everyday here in Florida. Not only the cruiser
guys, but the sportbikers too. They all look at me like I'm stupid
with my gear on. Statistics show more accidents happen while
making that short run to the store or around the block.

· mmmm. excellent.
1,329 Posts
Skeeter said:
you'll see that everyday here in Florida. Not only the cruiser
guys, but the sportbikers too. They all look at me like I'm stupid
with my gear on. Statistics show more accidents happen while
making that short run to the store or around the block.
Yeah, I saw a bunch of those guys today. For some reason they all seem to spring for the short, golf-glove looking hand condoms, but they don't wear jackets, riding pants or boots!!! What the hell is a golf glove gonna do for them?

I think a lot of these idiots finance the bike for $250/mo but can't find the extra scratch to buy a jacket, boots, and pants.

I just won't ride with them, simple as that. No way I want to spend time scraping them off the tarmac. :cryin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.