Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
My R1 Ate your R1
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, ran a 10 mile run, hard but not all o ut. The last couple miles we both got really agressive. He was a Gen 1 GSXR1000 with full system, Powercomander and K&N. When i realized it was for real i opened it up @ bout 165 with a 4th gear downshift. Left his ass. By the time I was in the upper 170's he was 6 bikes back and gave up.

Hide

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
I would hope so.:crash

·
THA 1
110 Posts
NIce! Hey Hide, Just out of curiosity, does the new R1 have the dual headlights on all the time? Or is it just one headlight on all the time and the other one turns on when you hit the high beams like the newer bikes? Im still waiting for mine.

·
My R1 Ate your R1
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
outer markers come on with key, low beams (2) on once engine fires, high when switch is turned to high (6 totaly, although the markers arnt bright)

Hide

·
THA 1
110 Posts
HideOut said:
outer markers come on with key, low beams (2) on once engine fires, high when switch is turned to high (6 totaly, although the markers arnt bright)

Hide
SWEET! Thanks Bro. That's how i wanted it. I just thought of another question. If you've had a passenger already, any complaints on the underseat exhaust heating up the passenger seat?:dunno

·
R1 2FEAR
612 Posts
FLIPSTA said:
SWEET! Thanks Bro. That's how i wanted it. I just thought of another question. If you've had a passenger already, any complaints on the underseat exhaust heating up the passenger seat?:dunno
rode my chick around for about 2 hours today.no heat problems whatsoever.but she does tend to slide twards me constantly.more so than any other bike I had passengers on.

·
MK Racers 51-50
561 Posts
FLIPSTA said:
Hey man my wife and I cruised on the 04 today. (I picked it up yesterday) We have a 2000 that we are used to. I noticed that she did slide into me a little more than she used to. She also said that either the passenger seat is alittle lower or the pegs are higher because her knees were bent alittle more. She also said that it vibrates through the pegs more than the 00. But that the ride feels great. To me the ride feels awesome! Smooth! Yet powerful!
later:sneaky

·
i dont ride fast, i fly low
1,642 Posts
EliminatorR1 said:
Oh come on.... a gen one? At least have some dignity and run with an 03... :lol

:eek:wwn3d

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
lmao at the gixxer boys.. dont worry suzuki will try again next year im sure..

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
EliminatorR1 said:
Oh come on.... a gen one? At least have some dignity and run with an 03... :lol

Well mine is putting out 160 STD hp....I would guess about 156 corrected. 82 lbs of torque....it would not be left for dead :crash

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
no offence but thats not a good indication of anything.Maybe you got the jump,gear selection ect.my buddy's zx9 has beat a gixxer or 2 in roll ons.

·
My wife hates my R1
246 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
Well mine is putting out 160 STD hp....I would guess about 156 corrected. 82 lbs of torque....it would not be left for dead :crash
Very nice #'s Mr Gixxerman a friend of mine has an 01 Gixxer hes getting about the same #'s it runs great.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
theblueOne said:
Very nice #'s Mr Gixxerman a friend of mine has an 01 Gixxer hes getting about the same #'s it runs great.

Yes it is a screamer...not too bad with only a full exhaust and a pc3r, air flter etc

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
I saw a Gixxer yesterday at the gas station. He pulled out before I did, once I hit the road I ran it hard through 3rd and he was nowhere to be seen.

(I'm just not goig to tell you guys that I was going the other way.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
:fork O.K. I should be able to finish this once and for all in acouple of days. My 04 r1 blue should be in any day.My younger brother has 03 silver gsxr 1000 yoshi slip on.He is allready talking smack.
We will settle this allgears all rolls.Break in be darn. I will post results...Truthfull ones. Stay tuned..

·
My R1 Ate your R1
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OH maybe next time im in a small Town KY i'll say "Only gen 2 gsxr 1000s can ride today". Common, he was there and showing me the road. He knew it, i didnt. Not only that but neither of us were going all out except that burst. I also shifted at about 11,800 or so. He said he short shifted about 500 rpm too.

Hide

·
My wife hates my R1
246 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
Yes it is a screamer...not too bad with only a full exhaust and a pc3r, air flter etc
Hey Gixxerman what kind of exhaust do you have?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts