Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently dropped ( 3 inches)and stretched my 2000 r1. Now that i have done that, it looks so killer i want to ride it on the street like that. My problem is that the darn thing keeps scrapeing and bottoming out on me regardless of the settings in the ohlins rear shock. The obvious solution to me would be remove or modify the lowers and put a drag pipe on the bike but i dont know of anyone that makes of pipe for this bike. Does anyone know of any aftermarket performance pipes for this machine with good ground clearance ?

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
they dont make it specifically for that bike.. but one can be made to work. 01-02 gsxr1k pipe will fit it from brocks.. you have to tweak it and possibly do away with oil cooler... cant remember been too long since i saw one. i know thats year model pipe there running on 02-03 R1s. call Rudy at quicktime motorsports in St Louis..... he said they would make a brocks pipe fit whatever bike.

·
1/4 mile in X.XX seconds?
1,665 Posts
they dont make it specifically for that bike.. but one can be made to work. 01-02 gsxr1k pipe will fit it from brocks.. you have to tweak it and possibly do away with oil cooler... cant remember been too long since i saw one. i know thats year model pipe there running on 02-03 R1s. call Rudy at quicktime motorsports in St Louis..... he said they would make a brocks pipe fit whatever bike.
see told you:dundun:

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
motor is same... tho few changes in head and sensors for FI.. but basic motor layout is same... now frame is little differnt.. but ur talking about side mount exhaust.... so only thing it bolts to is foot peg.. which can be made to work with new bracket if u need it. also i heard that some guys were using zx10 spigots for pipe, and 01-02 pipe.. but i talked to Junior Pellichino at Pells performance cycles in lousiana..who has 02 with brocks pipe... he used the 01-02 pipe... and spigots that came with it(spigot are part of pipe that goes into head, then have springs that hold them onto pipe). if u look for post from me on other brocks threads... i have pics posted of bike.

·
Honest officer, IT WASNT ME!!!
68 Posts
sidewinder fitting

If I remenber right you have to go to a raptor oil filter (smaller) and bend the pipes a little to line up with the exhaust ports.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.