Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a small yamaha dealer about 3 minutes down the road from me. Luckily, I didn't order my R1 through them. Well earlier today, as the truck was pulling into the dealership, I guess he misjudged the turn, the back right wheels of the trailer went into the ditch, and a few crates, containing the few 04 R1s they ordered, went crashing to the ground. Was a horrible site, seeing those pretty R1s lying on the ground, busted out of their crates.

Makes me wonder what's gonna happen to em. Are they gonna pretend like nothing happened, and sell em anyway. I didn't get a chance to see how much damage was done to the bikes, but I wouldn't want a bike that just fell off a truck and broke through the crate, ending up on the road.

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
If I was the truck driver, I'd be doing a runner before the expectant owners turn up, there would be bloodshed no doubt.

Could be a couple of cheap 04R1's up for grabs.....

·
all you need in life
1,911 Posts
seems people are already plotting on buying them already!! shoot i would too if they were to let them go at a good deals... (say 8700 out the door)

·
i <3 poontang!
1,809 Posts
It should be sold as crate damage bikes,and they should sell it considerably cheap!! if they're sheisty like that,they'd probably try to fix it and sell it for MSRP

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
A salesman at the dealership I bought mine from had a similar story. A bike was damaged in the warehouse, so Honda wrote it off as a total - even though there was practically NO damage. That's what insurance is for.

Anyway, the salesman ended up buying it for a steal.

I'm sure Yamaha or the dealer or the delivery company will write those off on insurance. Then, they'll buy them back from the insurance company for pennies no the dollar. Then they'll sell them for more. In the end, they make even more money out of the deal.

·
Touch nuts...
162 Posts
What dealer? Where? I would buy one fo sho.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
There is going to be some pissed off people who have been waiting for the 04's to arrive... Anyone on here??

Anyway, I imagine they would sell them at a heavy discount...

- BA

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
hell at this point I'd go for it...about the worst they're going to have is cosmetic damage. And I'm sure the shipping insurance will pay for the repairs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That sucks, but one man's junk is another man's treasure!!

I'll give ya $3000 for it right now, sight unseen :)

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
I have a crate damaged bike. It is an 02.

The dealer has to sell it to the insurance company, it cant be sold as new anymore.

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
If that is andrews cycles I will take a skinny dump on their head.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts