Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went over to procycle again in Columbia, MO. Was bored today, and thought I'd take the wife up there to show her the bike I have a deposit on. I was talking to the guy some and he said they are expecting 29 R1's. To me that's a gawd aweful lot! Just thought I'd let yall know if you're still in the market for one. They are selling them for $8,999 OTD. That includes prep and doc fees. Bout the best deal I've seen thus far. Hope this helps.

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
Man that is a steal of a deal OTD, Best I have seen is a local dealer selling them for 9599 OTD. Keep looking guys there are some deals to be had!!

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
this dealer is only about 65 miles from me, and they are actually selling a brand new 03 R1 for 7999 WOW!! how about the 04 1000RR for 9549=WOW again, those bikes arent even available yet!!

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yamarulz said:
Nothing a little gum smacking couldnt cure, you think they wouldnt match prices?? how rediculous!!
Oh, I'm not saying they wouldn't. But I'd almost bet money that they wouldn't go that low OTD. I tried it at a few other places, they said cool go buy it there. You're place is lower than most though. :)

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
I know, they seem to go pretty low on everything in inventory, even the newly released 04 models. Most places I hear about wont even budge on the new 04 R1 prices, especially in California. I just figured I would give the guys around our area something to look at and consider. I know when it comes time to buy a new R1 for myself, this will more than likely be the place I visit first.

·
I'd win, no doubt.
54 Posts
I agree about the prices. I have called every Yamaha dealer within 4 hrs of me and every single one says" 10,699. Even though I am paying cash they will not budge. Some have even told me I'm luck to get it for that.

I really want the bike, I've been waiting on it since 2001, but I'm not gonna cut my throat on it. Besides it might be better to wait until next year when all the bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
look at the fine print guys

There's a little * by the $9549 "otd" price...Then go to the bottom of the page and see the little *(astrik) again and it says thet price does not include setup (bogus I know), freight, or taxes...

·
Swedish nutcase
170 Posts
The new R1 cost $17 998 in Sweden so I think you all should be glad.
Just calculated and got that price.. Makes your prices look like christmas...:):)

·
Conjugal Visitor
363 Posts
:iamwithst
Ha! They all do that. My local dealer told me that he is going to put an add in the paper that says: "free motorcycles, come and get em*" Note the astrick.

Only saw one place that was this low and seemed legit. lilly creek motors. I called them yesterday, they said they have 30 on the way and every one of them is spoken for, plus their is a waiting line, and they cannot find anymore to buy! Not sure why they would want to sell them so cheap?

·
Power Hungry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aronhalt said:
:iamwithst

Only saw one place that was this low and seemed legit. lilly creek motors. I called them yesterday, they said they have 30 on the way and every one of them is spoken for, plus their is a waiting line, and they cannot find anymore to buy! Not sure why they would want to sell them so cheap?
I wonder the same thing. I got my deposit down for it. Should get it first week of April. Eyespy showed a possible true invoice price of the bike. Dunno why they'd shoot them out the door at such a low price. I also have a few emails from the sales manager stating the OTD price and that it includes prep and doc fees. So I have more than their work that $8999 is the price.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts