Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· I roll and smoke my R1
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how everyone likes the ergonomics of the new R1 compared to the previous models. I've read that the bars are lower and the tank is slimmer, but I'm not sure if I like what I read. The main reason I'm buying a new bike is because I feel BIG on my F3, so I began to look at 00/01 R1s. I loved the big fat tank and wide seat (compared to mine), but I just put some $ down on an 02 R1 and I'm afraid it might feel small! Do you guys think that the bike feels small or even uncomfortable in any way? BTW I'm 6'1"/205lbs. Thanks a lot!

· Registered
274 Posts
That's a real subjective thing, I guess. I'm 6'1" and about 240. The bike feels great to me. I have not ridden the earlier models, but my neighbor has an 01, and I let him ride mine back from the dealership for me. He made no comments that it "felt small" or otherwise, just that it felt a lot more refined. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm sure happy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.