Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
the perimeter sensor doesnt let anyone get close to the bike. if someone is messing with the seat, it will go off b4 they get it off!

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,083 Posts
pm Tom @ BIOHAZARDCYCLES
he's a forum sponsor!

he's got the lowest price on SCORPIO alarms..

the ONLY alarm designed for MOTORCYCLES,
and the most reliable.!! full description
and options available here::

SCORPIO

I owned their older i500SE system for a couple of years on
my 05 R6, sold it locally last month, still perfect as the day i
bought it, never once failed me... my old man still uses the
original design, not one problem..

i purchased the SR-i900 scorpio a week ago,
i get great sleep ;)

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,083 Posts
So whats to stop somebody who knows you have an alarm to undoing the two bolts that hold the seat down, disconnecting the battery and then cutting all of the added wires?
scorpio alarms offer an immobilizer and internal battery on the alarm itself so even if you cut the battery and wires, still cant start the bike up..

if there is a way around it, its gonna take them some time to be able to shut the damn thing off... and believe me, the alarm is not quiet at all! surefire way to call attention to yourself, just look at my bike the wrong way and she's got yah covering your ears.. scares the $hit out of peeps walking by if they're close enough..

i love mine!:epimp

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
scorpio alarms offer an immobilizer and internal battery on the alarm itself so even if you cut the battery and wires, still cant start the bike up..

if there is a way around it, its gonna take them some time to be able to shut the damn thing off... and believe me, the alarm is not quiet at all! surefire way to call attention to yourself, just look at my bike the wrong way and she's got yah covering your ears.. scares the $hit out of peeps walking by if they're close enough..

i love mine!:epimp
So I have to cut the wires on the horn first, then load it in the back of my truck? Seriously though, the whole perimeter thing sounds like a good way to piss alot of people off and not offer any real protection.

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
this looks like a pretty decent system and it comes with a remote start. pretty cool if ur a stickler for warming up ur bike b4 u ride, like me.
http://youtu.be/yy8rMbBFf8A

·
Registered
521 Posts
So I have to cut the wires on the horn first, then load it in the back of my truck? Seriously though, the whole perimeter thing sounds like a good way to piss alot of people off and not offer any real protection.
You can tune it down I can set mine to go off working 10 to just about sitting on it. It also has a tip over sensor. It'll tell you it went of due to tip over shock or perimeter. You can disable the perimeter. I didn't touch the horn it has one built into the alarm itself

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,083 Posts
:shake

i kinda like my shiney new 10k toy.. you get close enough to sit on my bike, you pissin' me off!, i dont mind telling you in so many words "look but dont fvcking touch!":fact

i believe you sir, have missed the point all together... :dundun:

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
:shake

i kinda like my shiney new 10k toy.. you get close enough to sit on my bike, you pissin' me off!, i dont mind telling you in so many words "look but dont fvcking touch!":fact

i believe you sir, have missed the point all together... :dundun:
I believe you miss my point. Is the alarm going to stop 2-3 guys from throwing the bike in the back of a truck and taking off to be stripped? Is the alarm going to buy you a new bike if it does get stolen? No, it's not. There is no real way from keeping thieves from stealing a motorcycle, but there are ways to replace it if it does and that's worth a helluva lot more to me then some shitty noise box that goes off when the cat farts.

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
dude, check out youtube. theres 1000 video reviews on motorcycle alarms. you do not need to mess with ur horn. the Siren is built into the brain of the alarm. no loose wires to readily cut it off or stop it from screaming. you would literally have to rip it out of the bike and smash it on the ground a few times to get it to shut up.
the perimeter/proximity sensor is like an invisible bubble around ur bike, and when someone comes inside that bubble the alarm chirps to tell them to leave. if they dont comply, the alarm will go full throttle. the bubble is adjustable from 1' - say, 10'. there is a shock sensor so if it feels someone bump or kick it, it will go off. again, adjustable to severity of shock. there is a tip sensor incase someone wants to lean it upright to say, push it away or ride it away. u are covered.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
dude, check out youtube. theres 1000 video reviews on motorcycle alarms. you do not need to mess with ur horn. the Siren is built into the brain of the alarm. no loose wires to readily cut it off or stop it from screaming. you would literally have to rip it out of the bike and smash it on the ground a few times to get it to shut up.
the perimeter/proximity sensor is like an invisible bubble around ur bike, and when someone comes inside that bubble the alarm chirps to tell them to leave. if they dont comply, the alarm will go full throttle. the bubble is adjustable from 1' - say, 10'. there is a shock sensor so if it feels someone bump or kick it, it will go off. again, adjustable to severity of shock. there is a tip sensor incase someone wants to lean it upright to say, push it away or ride it away. u are covered.
Lol, a little late to the punch are we? :hammer:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts