Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
I believe you miss my point. Is the alarm going to stop 2-3 guys from throwing the bike in the back of a truck and taking off to be stripped? Is the alarm going to buy you a new bike if it does get stolen? No, it's not. There is no real way from keeping thieves from stealing a motorcycle, but there are ways to replace it if it does and that's worth a helluva lot more to me then some shitty noise box that goes off when the cat farts.
you are clearly in here to argue. just go about ur business. there are plenty of good reason to get an alarm. the OPPORTUNISTIC thief would be shooed away at the sound of the alarm. maybe thats the only people ur bike may come in contact with. but u seem to have it in ur head that they are useless. good for u. dont buy one. we dont care. but it makes others sleep better knowing they have some form of deterrent on their bike. we do not need ur retarded opinions. the guy asked a question.

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
a little late to what punch? obviously u didnt feel the punch when the other guy tried breaking it down for u. and if u r paying attention, im the one that posted that youtube video. i think you are in here just to start trouble and im going to ask you to either stay on the OP's topic or find another group to rile up. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
you are clearly in here to argue. just go about ur business. there are plenty of good reason to get an alarm. the OPPORTUNISTIC thief would be shooed away at the sound of the alarm. maybe thats the only people ur bike may come in contact with. but u seem to have it in ur head that they are useless. good for u. dont buy one. we dont care. but it makes others sleep better knowing they have some form of deterrent on their bike. we do not need ur retarded opinions. the guy asked a question.
You can't argue with the facts baby. :fact Besides flashing the headlights and having some noise box that plays mariachi music when the cat farts to close to your bike it will really do nothing in actually preventing a THIEF, not some little gang banger wannabe. Like I said previously, these aren't opinions, these are facts backed up by real world experience, common sense and logic.

The guy asked a question, then I asked a question, then someone gave me a broken link, then someone said something, then you responded, then I responded to that response, then you responded to my response about your responses response to another guys response that I had previously questioned.. :fact :hammer:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm sure there has been plenty of times when this alarm made someone back off think about it. Someone pulls into your neighborhood and try to take it. They may try to get close to see if someone is watching. So it goes off now I'm on the look out. If you don't wan one go for. But your makin it sound like why wear a condom if you can still get STD. BECAUSE it's better then nothing. I'd say someone is more likely to steal a bike without an alarm then with one. Sure there is no way to ensure your doesn't get stolen. But something is better then nothing. Why get a home alarm when they can still kick the door and take sh1t.

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
your stupid posts just show how immature you are.

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
I'm sure there has been plenty of times when this alarm made someone back off think about it. Someone pulls into your neighborhood and try to take it. They may try to get close to see if someone is watching. So it goes off now I'm on the look out. If you don't wan one go for. But your makin it sound like why wear a condom if you can still get STD. BECAUSE it's better then nothing. I'd say someone is more likely to steal a bike without an alarm then with one. Sure there is no way to ensure your doesn't get stolen. But something is better then nothing. Why get a home alarm when they can still kick the door and take sh1t.
EXACTLY RIGHT! FACTS
and with the 2 way FM remotes, you will be notified when your bike is being tampered with. whether ur in the movies or in the mall, if someone gets close, ur automatically En Route to check it out! the remotes also tell u what kind of sensor went off. i might not high tail it to the parking lot for a perimeter sensor but shock or tilt, i would probably go check it out!

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
im about to buy the scorpio SR-I900 for both my wifes bike as well as mine. i think they are great for while shes at work. im not too worried about it getting stolen on base while shes at work. but i have had issues with people bumping other peoples cars (including ours) and driving off. so if someone taps her bike, she will be able to walk out of her squadron and see who is doing that crap and confront them. other than that, we have Full coverage insurance with a $500 deductible, and we park them in a 2 car garage. not to mention i have a dog for a proximity alarm, and an arsenal of tactical weapons should they make entry! i would almost put my own life on the bet that my bike will not suffer theft or vandalism.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Lol I've though of planting some sort of explosive under the seat in case it does get taken but 1 I don't want to go to jail and 2 I don't want it to go off on me. When ever I'm on post I'm not to worried it's when I'm at a the movies in walmart stuff like that. Same here full coverage.

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,091 Posts
im about to buy the scorpio SR-I900 for both my wifes bike as well as mine. i think they are great for while shes at work. im not too worried about it getting stolen on base while shes at work. but i have had issues with people bumping other peoples cars (including ours) and driving off. so if someone taps her bike, she will be able to walk out of her squadron and see who is doing that crap and confront them.
let me know what you think of it, i'm installing mine..

i'm looking forward to it actually... new toy :) i hope the RFID has some nice adjustment range.. if not it may be a pain in the arse
if you're just chatting with your buddies for a coffee and your damn alarm keeps going on & off depending how close you are... lmao..

i guess we'll see :)

oh yah, mr. hoov? wha? sorry, i cant understand what you're saying... for some reason... you're breaking out.... :crash

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
haha. i owned one for a short amount of time about 2.5 years ago. i put it on my 07 cbr1000rr. I liked it, but was less than impressed with it as it seemed kinda finicky. sometimes the perimeter sensor would work, sometimes it needed more movement. the shock sensor was kinda iffy too. sometimes u had to really kick the tire or slap the seat to get it going. im gonna give them another try and hope that either their quality has improved or maybe my installation skills will improve. i dont think it was my installation but i guess we will see. i loved the features in theory and ideas they had.

·
R1der
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i saw this video before you posted it here and i was wondering ? is this guy on the forum ? but anyway, my main decision to make was whether to have the proximity sensor. i really liked the feature but then i thought about parking in a public place. lets say i park in the street between 2 cars, the alarm would go off for no apparent reason.

i also thought about buying a viper car alarm because i have a viper 5902 in my car and it has a lot of upgrades you can do to it. that way i will be able to use one remote for 2 things. but then i thought of the mounting of the siren and all that so i decided to get a real motorcycle alarm.

so after everything, since i did not want to spend a lot of money so i bought the Gorilla 8017 system..

·
R1der
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
yeah about the price, i spent almost 110. brand new. when i get a new bike, i will love to get a nice alarm like the sr-i900. i spent 400 on my viper alarm and that was when it first came out. i really want a 2 way alarm with a good distance like my viper is 2 way with a 1 mile range. thats why i wanted to buy another viper for my bike but too much extra stuff to mount it on the bike.

·
Hey girl, ya hungry?
1,741 Posts
this one is only $250 but comes without the prox. sensor and ignition disable.
http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/the-5456/SCORPIO-SR-dsh-I900-SRI900-ALARM/Detail

this one is $329 and comes fully loaded. they both come with bike specific harness and battery backup.
http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/the-3156/SCORPIO-SR-dsh-I900-SRI900-ALARM/Detail

they are both great systems i think. my only issues are that it is about a 2-3 second delay to react to an offense. IE, if someone kicks the tire, it doesnt just explode. u have like a second or 2 to wonder if its gonna go off. and then boom. thats my only gripe i guess.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just have the cheap i500. You just touch the bike and the alarm goes off. Plus I live in Canada and Yamaha uses an ignition immobilizer. Nice red light blinks on the dash, gets peoples attention as well and its quite the pain to replace the ignition system as dealer requires VIN to order from Yamaha and Yamaha does a check on the VIN with police before order is placed. If bike comes up as stolen, dealer gets notified and thief is called that part is in and has police waiting.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts