Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wants an '04
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the concensus on Pro-Tek rearsets? Judging by the lack of info on here about them I'm guessing they're not real popular. They seem to be the least expensive rearsets out there, plus they supposedly support GP shifting which is the main reason I'm considering them.

I know they don't have the bling or the cred of Gilles, Harris, Sato, etc, and I know they're not adjustable -- none of that matters to me. I'd really like to know about the quality -- the knurling on the pegs, the action of the shift linkage, ease of going to GP shifting, etc.

Thanks!

·
Stock Sucks
1,256 Posts
I had a set on my 2000 R1. They were Anodized Blue. I bought them used so I don't know if they came this way or if someone had them done. They looked great and worked well, good quallity. As far as GP shifting mine were standard if you want to go with GP shifting you need to order them that way because they are different.

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
Had them on my '03 R1 and a few ZX7's back in the day.

Quality was very good, they functioned great(foot placement and solid pegs), and they looked cool as hell.:thumbup

·
Track bound.
9,822 Posts
I'm going to have to vote against. I had a set on my '02, and they are not high quality pieces. Crash resistance is non existent. Lever pivot design is cheap and sloppy. Do yourself a favor and save a bit more money for some Gilles, or other quality sets.

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
fiveoh said:
I'm going to have to vote against. I had a set on my '02, and they are not high quality pieces. Crash resistance is non existent. Lever pivot design is cheap and sloppy. Do yourself a favor and save a bit more money for some Gilles, or other quality sets.
I should add that for the price, the Pro-Teks are good.'

$175 - $225 cheaper than the others.

I'll go with Gilles next time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts