Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly... first post so hi everyone.

Basically I?m looking for a little background on the throttle bodies used on the R1 and R6 builds through the years, we develop vehicles for rally raid and are currently developing a version of the old tdm 850 engine (3LV) to be fitted in a highly modified XTZ frame.

We are looking at using the throttle bodies to replace the existing carb as part of a retrofit efi system for the engine and can?t quite establish what spec was with what years, so far I think it?s like this?

Early R6, that?s '02-04 used a 38mm version of the individual body which changed to 41mm in 2005, also the same unit was used on the R1 in 2001/02 before the switch to dual body....

Can anyone tell me if this is right and what the model specs are on the units.. I assume the R1 had the 41mm and not the 38?. Also I would be keen to know of any problems with bodies and the injectors/ABV as the bikes will end up in some fairly rough terrain and be well hammered!

many thanks
Jenna

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
r1 were not fuel injected till 02. the 02-03 were piston suction type FI, the first of its kind. then 04-06 were different throttle bodies with secondary butterflies. not sure as to size of each year. i think 01 R1 had 38 mm carbs on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.